• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Yep, Taggart isn't contacting anyone today to reassure them about USF. MAYBE, and that's a huge maybe, when Taggart talked to him on Wednesday, it could have been a positive for USF, but, now... no way. He's poaching. Need to get Strong in place ASAP and get in that kid's house this weekend.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Charlie Strong will be looking at the allotted payout for his assistance. And that could hurt us. They would have to match Temple and Baylor. Or at least come close to matching. That is USF's biggest hang-up. A lot of coaches want this job. But can we afford it?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809

Just now, Apis Bull said:

His new hashtags. #BayMade and #BayStrayed

#BayMade #BeTrayed 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

10 minutes ago, BullFan98 said:

I think his loyalty is with Oregon Taggart now.  Any contact from Taggart to USF commits cannot be a good thing. 

fify

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809

Just now, bulldozier1 said:

Charlie Strong will be looking at the allotted payout for his assistance. And that could hurt us. They would have to match Temple and Baylor. Or at least come close to matching. That is USF's biggest hang-up. A lot of coaches want this job. But can we afford it?

Between Texas footing half of the bill and Skip Holtz coming off the books, yeah... I think we can afford him and a pretty good staff.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807

I could stomach Taggart leaving and still feel positive about the situation. If he poaches our highest rated recruit then he can go eff himself.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, bulldozier1 said:

Agreed, but, some of that can be compensated by 1. Taggart's buyout, 2. Strong's buyout, 3. Being to the end of the line with Skip/Stan on their buyouts.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570

2 minutes ago, tau.reanb said:

Between Texas footing half of the bill and Skip Holtz coming off the books, yeah... I think we can afford him and a pretty good staff.  

Gee I hope so. That's been the stigma around college football about USF coaching job.

Edited by bulldozier1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Strong is a complete 180 in coaching philosophies. He will be a disaster. We are built as a wide open offensive oriented team. He is a conservative defensive minded coach.

we need jeff scott from clemson. 9 years there. current coOC wide receivers coach who won recruiter on the year in ACC last year.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Just now, Orlando Bull said:

Yep, Taggart isn't contacting anyone today to reassure them about USF. MAYBE, and that's a huge maybe, when Taggart talked to him on Wednesday, it could have been a positive for USF, but, now... no way. He's poaching. Need to get Strong in place ASAP and get in that kid's house this weekend.

I doubt it would do any good in his case. I saw a tweet of his a few days ago where he said that he was going to whatever school Taggart is HC.