• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Charlie Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  796
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

not sure what that means? does that mean no OC that has won recruiter of the year in a completely different sport can now not be successful? pretty dumb statement.

Only considered a dumb statement if you're a dumb person. Means that if you're an assistant to a guy like Dabo at a place like Clemson, youre experience is going to be overvalued. You think players are going to Clemson cause of Jeff Scott?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

so what?? Okie State's biggest booster has been trying to get gundy out for years.

boosters don't coach games.

I don't think you're correct:

T. Boone Pickens

@boonepickens

@CoachGundy and I united in belief that #okstate bigger than both of us. Wish him well. Am proud of our football team and remain #1 fan.(2)

Have not placed a call to @CoachGundy in years. It's his program to run, not mine. #okstate (3)

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

His defense had 9 sophomore starters...no wonder they struggled.

8 fresh and sophomores on second team.

That's gotta be the youngest defense in FBS and facing that many good offense number 95 isn't that bad actually.

He would have a more well rounded defense here just needs to plug in a few jucos.

I have no doubt we have a number 40 defense or better his first year. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  808

13 minutes ago, CPR said:

I might get down voted, but Strong is an upgrade over Taggart.

I actually agree with you. We lucked out here.

Thanks to Texas' impatience and Oregon pulling the trigger prematurely on Taggart, I think we have lucked out by getting a coach who is at least as good a recruiter, but may be a better defensive schemer. If Taggart bolted in any other year, we likely wouldn't have been this fortunate. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Only considered a dumb statement if you're a dumb person. Means that if you're an assistant to a guy like Dabo at a place like Clemson, youre experience is going to be overvalued. You think players are going to Clemson cause of Jeff Scott?

yes he is a great recruiter

you do realize Dabo Swinney was the WR coach before they hired him as head coach don't you?

he was never even their OC.

4 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

If we had the #95 defense this year, we probably beat Temple.

yeah only we would not have had the same offense.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645

With Strong you also have to look at the body of work. It's not like UofL's offense was playing like LSU or anything. Additionally He's been a defensive coordinator for National Championship teams, if there is a given it's that he can turn a defense around. He also won't have to change the culture at USF. These kids play hard. In my eyes the defense was a failure of scheme and fundamentals in tackling, easy to correct if your a Strong. If he's able to keep King and Reaves/Weist I'd be happy to see where our offense can go.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I don't think you're correct:

T. Boone Pickens

@boonepickens

@CoachGundy and I united in belief that #okstate bigger than both of us. Wish him well. Am proud of our football team and remain #1 fan.(2)

Have not placed a call to @CoachGundy in years. It's his program to run, not mine. #okstate (3)

don't you think if he has to put out a statement refuting the fact that he is very cirtical of him that just maybe he really is??

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Strong in Tampa today, but there's

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Bolt/Strong-in-Tampa-today-but-theres-competition--49675513

A source with knowledge of the situation tells Bulls247 that former Texas Longhorn coach Charlie Strong will be in Tampa today to discuss the head coach position at USF.

Strong has been in talks with USF for the past 24 hours, but as of last night there had been no job offer. That could change today when Strong arrives in Tampa.

Strong is the clear number one target right now for the head coaching position at USF. But the Bulls have competition and it's coming from a familiar name. I can confirm that Willie Taggart has also been in contact with Charlie Strong about possibly becoming the defensive coordinator under Taggart at Oregon.

Even if Strong is offered the job today, I do not expect a decision to be made at the meeting. A source close to Strong tells me he's planning to take a day or two to decide. Of course, this all depends on if he's offered the job today while in Tampa.

If Strong is offered and does accept, I'd expect this all to wrap up by the end of the weekend.