• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I want Charlie Strong!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

COA was a hell of a recruiter while at UK. Those type of recruiting accolades mean nothing when going down in leagues. Not sure Strong is the long term solution that some seem to crave but is a name that most college football fans should know and could entice the casual ones to give us a try ...

Comparing Antigua to Strong is apples and oranges. Recruiting dynamics between Basketball and Football are completely different. Also, if that doesn't convince you take a look at Strong's teams at Louisville. Half of his 2011 class went to the NFL...including a guy named Teddy Bridgewater who he was able to recruit away from UM. That's the type of stuff we need. 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Strong's two main classes at Texas were top 10...along with some great classes at UL...

He was also recognized as one of the top recruiters in the country when he was with UF.

Edited by Joe

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Charlie would be a nice step up from Willie. I heard one time he even won a bowl game.

Was on 247 and asked about Strong. Said its not happening.  I may be wrong but I think he thinks too much of himself to come to the new U.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Comparing Antigua to Strong is apples and oranges. Recruiting dynamics between Basketball and Football are completely different. Also, if that doesn't convince you take a look at Strong's teams at Louisville. Half of his 2011 class went to the NFL...including a guy named Teddy Bridgewater who he was able to recruit away from UM. That's the type of stuff we need. 

ha ha Clint Hurtt brought Teddy Bridgewater to UofL after he got fired from Miami and hired by UofL . dirty as hell. why NCAA sanctioned him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,711
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Comparing Antigua to Strong is apples and oranges. Recruiting dynamics between Basketball and Football are completely different.

Recruiting to big name schools is recruiting to big name schools, regardless the major sport. The programs themselves do a lot of the selling ...

9 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Also, if that doesn't convince you take a look at Strong's teams at Louisville. Half of his 2011 class went to the NFL...including a guy named Teddy Bridgewater who he was able to recruit away from UM. That's the type of stuff we need

Thought Hurtt was a big part of that?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Bridgewater decommitted from Miami when Shannon was fired.  Not because Strong has some magical recruiting ability.

So Strong was average before bridgewater at Louisville and left when Bridgewater left.  Terrible without Bridgewater at Texas.

Not that glowing imo.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

21 minutes ago, South said:

Bridgewater decommitted from Miami when Shannon was fired.  Not because Strong has some magical recruiting ability.

So Strong was average before bridgewater at Louisville and left when Bridgewater left.  Terrible without Bridgewater at Texas.

Not that glowing imo.

Geez. He took over a really bad Louisville team and went to a BCS bowl with them. Bridgewater wasn't the only player on those teams.

Texas was in bad shape when he got there. No one wanted that  Job because the shape it was in. The majority of this years starters were freshmen and sophomores. Herman got some great young talent, and had Herman not been out there I'd bet he would have got another year at Texas.

He'd thrive here. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89

I would love to have Charlie Strong as head coach, but apparently he is slated to be Lane Kiffin's linebacker coach at UH :)

See link for details:

http://www.scout.com/college/houston/forums/2804-uh-football/15224826-potential-lane-kiffin-staff

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  20

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Geez. He took over a really bad Louisville team and went to a BCS bowl with them. Bridgewater wasn't the only player on those teams.

Texas was in bad shape when he got there. No one wanted that  Job because the shape it was in. The majority of this years starters were freshmen and sophomores. Herman got some great young talent, and had Herman not been out there I'd bet he would have got another year at Texas.

He'd thrive here. 

Im not saying Strong couldnt be good but I would be careful touting his credentials on paper as a reason why.  Hurtt brought most of that talent to Louisville including Teddy.  Hurtt was a shady recruiter who had the S Florida ties not Strong.  And you and i could recruit players to an Urban Meyer coached team.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, PlantainChipsForMe said:

I would love to have Charlie Strong as head coach, but apparently he is slated to be Lane Kiffin's linebacker coach at UH :)

See link for details:

http://www.scout.com/college/houston/forums/2804-uh-football/15224826-potential-lane-kiffin-staff

This guy is delusional.