• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Player Reactions to CWT Leaving

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, ScienceBull said:

He coached a team once... they won the NCAA National Championship and the Super Bowl simultaneously. 

I thought he retired from coaching before his first game because he was already in the Hall of Fame as the winningest head coach of all time

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Players definitely taking it well, overall. In essence they're losing a father figure, who brought them up to believe in themselves. While it's true a black coach would probably relate to the players better, it seems pretty clear from TA's time here that they'll rally around a guy that gets invested in them and gets them invested in each other.

We'll be okay, but the new coach better not try to fix what ain't broken...provided we keep our big impact players.

Yea, i think they need a father figure type of coach to keep the family atmosphere going no matter what race/nationality. I think that's what attracted most of our recruits is that they didn't want an impersonal coach like Saban. I think to go to Alabama you have to be pretty mature from the start or you won't last. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I'm worried about recruit reactions. Players are sort of shackled here.

Worst case we see players opt to leave early because beloved Taggart is gone and we lose a whole recruiting class and transfers and fall off the cliff sooner than expected.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I'm worried about recruit reactions. Players are sort of shackled here.

Worst case we see players opt to leave early because beloved Taggart is gone and we lose a whole recruiting class and transfers and fall off the cliff sooner than expected.

If they leave before they even know who's coming, they just need to go anyway IMO. And the recruiting thing...well, depends on who we still have on the trail. Losing RW might hurt that as much or more than Tags.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

Woodie can go back to coaching the D line.  Keep offensive staff with Kinnan to teach Reaves and Weist. New D coordinator has to happen

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Apparently Woodie and Strong are close... he could probably continue to be the DC here with a real mentor learn from on the defensive side of the ball. I wouldn't hate that with a defensive head coach who is going to be very involved in that side of the ball. Same reason that no one cared who our OC was with Taggart.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

6 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

Woodie can go back to coaching the D line.  Keep offensive staff with Kinnan to teach Reaves and Weist. New D coordinator has to happen

The vast majority of this staff is gone, unless we elevate Weist to the position full time.  That's just the way it is.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Nice collection

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

FCWT re-tweeted this with a "Love you too Dev!"  Also, he's changed his icon to a green O...