• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

7 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Just pay the man already. 

If attendance improved as Taggart did, we'd have enough to bump him to $2.2MM or more.  But even that may not keep him from bolting to a P5 conference.  If we got into the Big 12, I'd think he'd stay a while.

I'm a little worried about another raise/extension.  While I expect we have another great season in 2017, but when a lot of the talent graduates after 2017, what if 2018 sucks (recruiting this season looks pretty "meh", from my uninformed view)?  But I digress...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I think most miss the fact that the PAC12 might be one of the easier conferences to the cfp in. If he wants to win a championship this could be a viable option. It won't happen in the ACC, SEC, or BIG10.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

If attendance improved as Taggart did, we'd have enough to bump him to $2.2MM or more.  But even that may not keep him from bolting to a P5 conference.  If we got into the Big 12, I'd think he'd stay a while.

I'm a little worried about another raise/extension.  While I expect we have another great season in 2017, but when a lot of the talent graduates after 2017, what if 2018 sucks (recruiting this season looks pretty "meh", from my uninformed view)?  But I digress...

Agree, we have alot of juniors soon to be seniors, not many freshman playing this past year

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Loyalty is certainly possible in "lesser" levels of football. Eddie Robinson coached 50+ YEARS at Grambling.

If you love what you're doing, and have enough to support your family, I call that a win. And I'm not the only one

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Loyalty is certainly possible in "lesser" levels of football. Eddie Robinson coached 50+ YEARS at Grambling.

If you love what you're doing, and have enough to support your family, I call that a win. And I'm not the only one

Eddie Robinson did not have the opportunity to coach bigger schools because during the prime of his career, black men coached at black colleges.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

You can't say that in public. Heck even look at your current job; would you openly tell all of your fellow employees, clients, colleagues that if there's a better job you're out? That's always a possibility, that's why people leave jobs. It's possible he lays down he lay of the land with Harlan, but you can't tell the players, coaches, boosters and fans that. 

People in my office do it all the time.  Heck, people send out resumes from their work desk in my office.  It's pretty specialized so it's not like we can get rid of anyone without creating a manning problem so it's tolerated. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

I love my job, Jupiter and my life here.  But if someone called to say they'd double my salary, I'd owe it to myself and family to listen.  

Difference between campaigning for jobs and just up and receiving a call from another potential employee.  CWT seems to be campaigning for a job (as evidenced by his contacts going to bat for him in the media), not just sitting there doing nothing while Oregon is beating down his door.

CWT has very little loyalty to USF, who chose to stick with him, despite calls to fire him early last season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Difference between campaigning for jobs and just up and receiving a call from another potential employee.  CWT seems to be campaigning for a job (as evidenced by his contacts going to bat for him in the media), not just sitting there doing nothing while Oregon is beating down his door.

CWT has very little loyalty to USF, who chose to stick with him, despite calls to fire him early last season. 

I think it's not just him. Pretty much every coach out there wants to play this game, and hit their own lottery. I don't think you can blame him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I don't think USF was sticking with him with the option of firing him. The calls to fire him early last season weren't coming from the school, they were coming from the fans. Big difference. CWT wasn't going anywhere after seasons 1 or 2 and any decent athletic department would let him finish out season 3 and assess from there.

• Upvote 1