• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you increase attendance?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, MMW said:

Was the BE so great?  We still play UCONN and Cinci.

We lost Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU and UL.  

I think you can swap Rutgers for Temple, Syracuse for ECU (ECU probably has better fan support for football), Pitt for Navy/Memphis and UH for Louisville.  WVU was a loss but it was only one game and UCF helps somewhat.

Before you all jump on me about UH v UL keep in mind, Louisville stunk during the Kragthope years.  UH does a pretty good UL impression these days in my opinion.

I would agree that it is a step down but is it really that big of a step? 

Stop trying to fool yourself.

Rather than opine, simply take the schools you assert are comparable and actually COMPARE attendance figures when we played each as a conference opponent.

the solution to this and every other problem USF faces requires honesty and then innovative solutions.  Honesty is always require.  When we honestly tell ourselves that the system is rigged and the the hand we hold is the hand that holds us down, it'll become obvious that the only solution (if there is a solution) is a radical, bold step AGAINST the establishment not in support of the establishment.

a stadium is a suckers bet

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 minutes ago, Carolina_Bull said:

it'll become obvious that the only solution (if there is a solution) is a radical, bold step AGAINST the establishment not in support of the establishment.

You couldn't be more right.  USF needs to go independent as quickly as possible.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

There are no plans to build an OCS at USF.  The business of an OCS at USF to does not make sense in today's economic climate. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, deters- said:

Better home games, and winning. Pretty simple really. We aren't going to get the home games with our conference so we need to schedule P5 teams. OCS would help, but won't draw an extra 10k, maybe 5k or so.

I would be happy if we brought an extra 5k fans to our games...would rather have more, but hey

Edited by PlantainChipsForMe
typo

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

18 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Many times in business, renting/leasing is the best way to fly.

How many professional sports teams own their stadiums/arenas?

1.) USF isn't a professional sports team, let's keep the comparison to college

2.) Businesses & professional sports teams can move/relocate as well -- USF can not.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

They have not been to Fowler because without a Football OCS, why would anyone come back??   Bazinga!!!!

Well, I graduated back in '94 and have made a ton of trips back to USF....for additional classes, seminars, guest speakers, job fairs, a visit to the bookstore, alumni association meetings and functions, basketball games, baseball games, football spring games. Not overly difficult.

Perhaps not as "Bazinga" as one would believe. Unless, of course, your sole attachment to the alma mater is a football game. Surely that's not the case? :FIREdevil:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

So...if I read that right, these veterans of twenty-years were not aware of the 'Bull Runner' buses that run the campus - and the campus-to-game-shuttles that USF runs? Here's the URL - though from 2014 - but I can't imagine it's been discontinued. I guess it's safe to assume that the couple in question haven't been to Fowler Avenue in some time. 

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=209619662

TWO out of 311,000. They go to football games, home, away, and bowl games. Why would they have any reason what-so-ever to look up a bus schedule?

Question - is there any financial benefit to USF to have Alumni return to campus several times annually? 

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

They have not been to Fowler because without a Football OCS, why would anyone come back??   Bazinga!!!!

It's not just football.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

26 minutes ago, Carolina_Bull said:

Rather than opine, simply take the schools you assert are comparable and actually COMPARE attendance figures when we played each as a conference opponent.

You mean back when we were winning 7-8 games and going to a bowl on a consistent basis .... back then?

Quality wise in modern day programs, there hasn't been a big step taken backward.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

52 minutes ago, Bear said:

No it's true... Many people don't know. All season long, I had to remind actual alumni and casual fans that USF is actually doing well...

They don't know. They really don't.

(Even the CFP doesn't know, either)

↓  ↑

34 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I agree with this big time.

I was the one who posted about USF students having no idea that there was a game going on.  My example was commuter students who lived in Pinellas county.  I also said that they seemed to know about all the other college matchups going on.  

If these students wanted to know about USF football, they'd know.  The information is out there.  The communications are there.  

So, I think you found the root cause of the attendance problem.  The question is not about how to get the word out about the upcoming games.  The question is how do we make more people care?  How do we make more people WANT to know about USF football?  Winning is obviously the #1 thing, but in our case it is not enough.  We need to somehow get USF games to be the "place to be."  And somehow get it to be socially unacceptable to be a student or alumni who doesn't know USF's W/L record or who we have next week.

????

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Well, I graduated back in '94 and have made a ton of trips back to USF....for additional classes, seminars, guest speakers, job fairs, a visit to the bookstore, alumni association meetings and functions, basketball games, baseball games, football spring games. Not overly difficult.

Perhaps not as "Bazinga" as one would believe. Unless, of course, your sole attachment to the alma mater is a football game. Surely that's not the case? :FIREdevil:

My bazinga was meant to establish sarcasm.  

• Upvote 1