• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Defense is near unwatchable right now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I was looking for some kind of adjustment to alignment or something. I recall 1 blitz all game. No adjustments whatsoever. Nothing. Maybe I missed something. 

The INT was just a bad pass. Really an unforced error.  Not really pressure. 

They ran between the tackles all night. You would think he would at least try a 3rd LB. 

they ate us up with the 5-7 yard out throw. Until the last drive we played 8 to 10 yards off the ball. Zero...zero challenges. 

I hate this defense  and hate the way it is managed even more.

Another thing...i rarely ever see us make a big hit.  How many fumbles have we forced this year?   Maybe a strip here or there, but no forced fumbles on a big hit that I can recall  

So soft in everyway  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

40 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Another thing...i rarely ever see us make a big hit.  How many fumbles have we forced this year?   Maybe a strip here or there, but no forced fumbles on a big hit that I can recall  

It's certainly not for lack of trying, especially by Tajee Fullwood. You'd think that guy was armless out there, he does not know how to wrap up.  

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

The defense players and coaches all seem scared.  Coaches are coaching scared....DBs 8-10 yards off the line scrimmage.  LBs  not up on the line.  Players are playing scared and it shows in the tackling.  Never any big hits.   When they tackle, the ball carrier falls forward for another 3 yards.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah our d line is putrid...need to go juco on line big time. 

If we still have Cwt next season I feel we will have a new Dc.

Just go man to man on corners and blitz more...nothing bad will come from that. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

Obviously it's a combination of talent and coaching.However good coaches can make adjustments even with average players to at least be competitive.  This defense more often than not is not even competitive.  By games end I wasn't even enjoying watching. it was ridiculous.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah our d line is putrid...need to go juco on line big time. 

If we still have Cwt next season I feel we will have a new Dc.

Just go man to man on corners and blitz more...nothing bad will come from that. 

We recruited 3 JUCO DL last year. None are contributing, or even playing, or not on campus. Staff knew they had a problem and struck out addressing it this season.

As for blitzing more, a couple of our guys can't defend anyone or anything. Heaven forbid someone hit their TE or RB on our LBs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

14 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Memphis has had their way with our defense last two drives.  They look a little bit like us on offense after we went up 14-0.

Better hope our offense keeps pouring the points on, as right now it looks like that is the only way we get a win.  

Hah I was just saying I am to the point where I literally don't watch the defense. I was flipping to the Washington and Michigan games. Pretty awesome night for CFB, except for our silly high school looking presentation on TV. Memphis with the stupid gray uniforms and no one on either side can tackle.

Glad we won though! Now on to hottie university...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

11 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

It's certainly not for lack of trying, especially by Tajee Fullwood. You'd think that guy was armless out there, he does not know how to wrap up.  

Fullwood was killing me. He was in every highlight getting dominated or bouncing off people.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I had a prior commitment, so I DVR'd the game and I found myself fast-forwarding during the time that we were on D because it got so bad.