• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF at Illinois 2018

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Did anybody else see that this game is going to be played at Soldier Field in Chicago, instead of Champaign?  This is going to make for a great road trip.  Very reminiscent of the Notre Dame trip (without having to worry about getting to South Bend from Chicago).  Hopefully the Cubs will be in town that weekend, but this is looking like a fun time in the Windy City regardless.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

8 hours ago, JoeB said:

Did anybody else see that this game is going to be played at Soldier Field in Chicago, instead of Champaign?  This is going to make for a great road trip.  Very reminiscent of the Notre Dame trip (without having to worry about getting to South Bend from Chicago).  Hopefully the Cubs will be in town that weekend, but this is looking like a fun time in the Windy City regardless.  

Didn't notice that, thanks for the post.  I have never been to Chicago, and I think this is a great opportunity to support my Bulls and see a great city.  The making of a great guys weekend!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I saw that, but wasn't able to post it because it was during the board downtime.

That will almost certainly be my road game for 2018.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

That's cool. I hope our coaching staff emphasizes the great football players that have graced that field. I hope MM will still be a Bull and he can do his own "sweetness.' Whether played in Champaign of Chi Town. The outcome will be the same. BULLS Win.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

That is great news!! Chi Town is a fun town.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, BullFan98 said:

Didn't notice that, thanks for the post.  I have never been to Chicago, and I think this is a great opportunity to support my Bulls and see a great city.  The making of a great guys weekend!!

It's a fantastic city.  I visited earlier this year.  It's very easy to get around.

Treat yourself and take an architectural boat tour.  Also, visit Lincoln Park Zoo (the zoo is free).

And, of course, Wrigley Field or just Wrigleyville.  Make a stop at Murphy's and have a drink.

I was able to make a Cubbies game and sat next to an 80+ year old guy that became a Cubs fan when he was 10 years old and first saw them play in the in 1945 World Series.  Tons of knowledge/history dropped on me during that game.  He remembers when tickets were $0.25.  hahah.  It was quite an experience.

Oh... and the food.  So many great places to eat.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Soldier Field is a nice stadium.  Chicago is a nice town.  May have to make this trip since I have family in the area.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Nice

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

That's cool. I hope our coaching staff emphasizes the great football players that have graced that field. I hope MM will still be a Bull and he can do his own "sweetness.' Whether played in Champaign of Chi Town. The outcome will be the same. BULLS Win.

MM won't be around in 2018.  His Senior season is 2017 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1