• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

A rude awakening for Kean as well. I must admit, I thought magic was about to happen when I saw him in there. That couldn't have gone worse. Extremely tough spot to enter a game cold off the bench though.

I thought that entire series was a disaster starting with the playcalling. Why try a bomb on first down there? Should have tried a high percentage pass to get in short yardage situation. Then they try an outside run that had not worked all night?

Then you force a long 3rd down try deep in your own end with less than 5 mins left?

I also had a problem with Taggart's play calling clock management to end the first half. You get the ball back to start the half. No need to be trying to score so quickly. Just work the clock properly and be in a position to score with little time left.

This is the kind of stuff that concerns me in close games with Taggart. Seems to have no situational game management awareness. It's all or nothing with him.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I thought that entire series was a disaster starting with the playcalling. Why try a bomb on first down there? Should have tried a high percentage pass to get in short yardage situation. Then they try an outside run that had not worked all night?

Then you force a long 3rd down try deep in your own end with less than 5 mins left?

I also had a problem with Taggart's play calling clock management to end the first half. You get the ball back to start the half. No need to be trying to score so quickly. Just work the clock properly and be in a position to score with little time left.

This is the kind of stuff that concerns me in close games with Taggart. Seems to have no situational game management awareness. It's all or nothing with him.

We've been able to out-athlete everybody in our wins. We are much more evenly matched with Navy, Memphis, and UCF. Any coaching gaffes like the ones you mentioned are going to be more glaring going forward. Not much room for error on the offensive play calling when you have a defense like ours.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

Offense played extremely well until the last few minutes where the game just became something like I had never seen before in my life.

Flowers for the first time this season was contained, he didn't know how to respond, and coaches were slow to adjust the play calling. 

Overall the offense played well, scored 30 points on a limited number of possessions. 

Defense was was responsible for this mess. This is the worst tackling Inhave ever seen from a college team. EVER. Not exaggerating. Tackling is awful. The defensive coaches are awful. Look at how temple contained and how they tackled, and compare to USF. Are they more talented? No I don't believe so, they are better developed. None of our players on defense seem to play much better than high school. They take terrible angles, are unable to meet the ball carrier, they shoulder bump, they are also slow to get to the ball and react slowly. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

48 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

A rude awakening for Kean as well. I must admit, I thought magic was about to happen when I saw him in there. That couldn't have gone worse. Extremely tough spot to enter a game cold off the bench though.

Threw off his back foot with mis -communication = interception .

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

they shoulder bump

no discipline. No coaching.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Joey tweeted the rb from Temple said on fb huge holes anyone could run thru and in 3rd quarter usf players didn't want to tackle him.

One year I've never seen a defense get so bad. On plus side easy for Cwt to notice how bad the defense is...changes will come I'm sure after season.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Joey tweeted the rb from Temple said on fb huge holes anyone could run thru and in 3rd quarter usf players didn't want to tackle him.

One year I've never seen a defense get so bad. On plus side easy for Cwt to notice how bad the defense is...changes will come I'm sure after season.

Anyone with eyes could see this. Our defense used to be feared, now we are a joke. 

Here is the other quote from the RB.

Joey Knight @TBTimes_Bulls

Armstead on his FB, Nick Sharga: "By the end of the 3rd quarter he had USF players falling to their knees out of fear of making contact."

Some adjustments need to be made now. Even if we don't go to CCG. We need to start the year ranked as high as possible to make any kind of run at anything next year.

The thing that is most irritating about this and even the FSU game is not losing. It is how we lose. FSU we were just overmatched. I could understand that, but losing like we did tonight, in a game where we are probably the better team, but end up making nothing better than an average offense look like the best running team in the nation is absolutely ridiculous.

Woodie is making the big bucks as the DC he needs to address this.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

I still think he will be a much better passer than QF. Teams realize now QF is a running back dressed up as a qb. He's an amazing athlete, but teams do not respect his passing ability. If you stack the box against him and jam the receivers to stop the screen...you'll be successful against QF. He needs to work on using the middle of the field better. 

He threw the ball really well tonight. One bad pass to Rodney on the bubble. Outside of that he was money. Problem being we didn't have the ball enough because the defense couldn't get off the field 

• Upvote 1