• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Times article: If a Power Five team comes calling, can USF keep Willie Taggart?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

This write like many people forget is that Taggart was bor and raised in the Tampa Area. Payed Highschool football. He probably sat here and watched UF, FSU and UM become powerhouses and wished that  Tampa had a powerhouse college team. Now he has a chance to make his own legacy just like Spurrier, Bowden and  Schnellenberg. If he can bring USF to be the official 4th power house in Florida, that is a feat that is comparable to a National title. Whatever choice he picks, he will get money, but to make it officially the "Big 4" is a lasting legacy. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

This write like many people forget is that Taggart was bor and raised in the Tampa Area. Payed Highschool football. He probably sat here and watched UF, FSU and UM become powerhouses and wished that  Tampa had a powerhouse college team. Now he has a chance to make his own legacy just like Spurrier, Bowden and  Schnellenberg. If he can bring USF to be the official 4th power house in Florida, that is a feat that is comparable to a National title. Whatever choice he picks, he will get money, but to make it officially the "Big 4" is a lasting legacy. 

#BayMadeBayStayed

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

59 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

While this is true... it's also his job. I'm sure... like the rest of us... he's focused on doing what's right for him and his family first.

I do think we should extend Willie a strong offer may compel him to stay home. We should take the Houston approach of trying to hang on to a good coach. Maybe not spending as much as them but you get the idea.

Unfortunately, if we cannot get people to the games... ideas such as this just don't hold up.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

Some might say that the Times is a "nice little paper" and that Jones is insecure because he hasn't moved on to "greener pastures" like the New York Times. Or ESPN.

Potshots for no other reason than to get get clicks. My advice: don't feed the overpaid "professional" trolls. 

As for CWT, only he knows what he wants to do. And for the record, he hasn't won a **** thing yet. I hope they do obviously, but again, this whole discussion is premature and only at issue because mouth breathers like Jones have to write to get paid.

u think they're overpaid? I have no idea what a columnist makes at a paper like the times but I cannot imagine they're raking.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, cmhatter said:

u think they're overpaid? I have no idea what a columnist makes at a paper like the times but I cannot imagine they're raking.

As John McClane says, if it's more than $1.98 I'd be very surprised.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

6 minutes ago, cmhatter said:

I know student writers who write better material than troll Jones, and they're paid $0.00, so you tell me.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,427
  • Days Won:  19

Tampa fans don't show up...

Many don't even know USF is doing well

CSH + CWT (turnaround) days left a mark

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I just want to beat Temple and do our job as fans to support the team on their way to a conference championship. Taggart may very well leave after this season but let's win some more games and have some more fun while he's here. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

With articles like this he won't be loved by anyone.

I'm not real happy that I got that ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm not real happy that I got that ...

Would you say that it makes you cry?