• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The road to win the AAC East.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, Ionbull said:

As for winning the division.... just need to win. Don't deserve to win the East if we don't beat the former champs. 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Just win, baby.

Don't even think about what might happen if we lose, cause dat's bad juju

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

So Cinci had quite a game yesterday. Specifically Gunner Kiel. There's an outside chance that they can beat Temple. Cinci isn't great by any means, but I'm hoping they've found confidence to hold their own against Temple now. Unfortunately we're at the point now to where we have to look at things like this now. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,260
  • Days Won:  1

Our position is we must win out and hope temple loses at least once. It looks like temples toughest game is against Cincy but unfortunately we have navy and Memphis plus smu which just dismantled Houston at home where we were play them

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Cincy is very capable of winning now that they have their best quarterback playing.

It has taken me more than a day ... and the loss was perplexing Friday night as well. I am not going to rehash the past, but let's look at the future. The reality is, we're in the same boat we were last year, USF can win the East -- although we need Temple to lose one more game.

I get that people are looking at the sieve of a rush defense and then looking at our next opponent's rush offense. Yes, that is downright depressing. I am expecting the team to make adjustments this week -- and prepare for that. For some, it may be too much of a stretch to give the coaching staff some benefit of the doubt... but I think we can hold our own against the triple option.

After that we have Memphis, SMU, and UCF Yes, I admit that if the defense does not improve, USF could just as easily lose all four remaining games. And many here might even predict that.

I don't think so. The Temple defense was the best AAC defense we will face all year. In fact, the ESPN FPI (updated already) has us favored to win all of our remaining games.

FPI also gives Temple the edge in their remaining games vs Cincy, @ U Conn, @ Tulane, vs ECU.

If USF wins out - I think that is still reasonable to expect - and Temple stumbles once, then USF wins the division.

Looking west, Navy holds all the cards there. They have already beaten Memphis. Houston has two losses, so they're out of commission. Only Tulsa stands in the way of the Middies winning the West.

IF USF wins out... and Temple loses just one time (and in this crazy conference, that seems like a possibility)... then the Bulls will be seeing the Navy in Tampa Bay again on Dec 3rd... unless Tulsa beats Navy, then we might actually see a Golden Hurricane at RayJay.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

It has taken me more than a day ... and the loss was perplexing Friday night as well. I am not going to rehash the past, but let's look at the future. The reality is, we're in the same boat we were last year, USF can win the East -- although we need Temple to lose one more game.

I get that people are looking at the sieve of a rush defense and then looking at our next opponent's rush offense. Yes, that is downright depressing. I am expecting the team to make adjustments this week -- and prepare for that. For some, it may be too much of a stretch to give the coaching staff some benefit of the doubt... but I think we can hold our own against the triple option.

After that we have Memphis, SMU, and UCF Yes, I admit that if the defense does not improve, USF could just as easily lose all four remaining games. And many here might even predict that.

I don't think so. The Temple defense was the best AAC defense we will face all year. In fact, the ESPN FPI (updated already) has us favored to win all of our remaining games.

FPI also gives Temple the edge in their remaining games vs Cincy, @ U Conn, @ Tulane, vs ECU.

If USF wins out - I think that is still reasonable to expect - and Temple stumbles once, then USF wins the division.

Looking west, Navy holds all the cards there. They have already beaten Memphis. Houston has two losses, so they're out of commission. Only Tulsa stands in the way of the Middies winning the West.

IF USF wins out... and Temple loses just one time (and in this crazy conference, that seems like a possibility)... then the Bulls will be seeing the Navy in Tampa Bay again on Dec 3rd... unless Tulsa beats Navy, then we might actually see a Golden Hurricane at RayJay.

I feel like I read this somewhere before lol. Good words Jim and you are absolutely correct! Temple smacked us in the mouth, just like we did to them last year. It doesn't mean adjustments can't be made and that Temple is automatically running roughshod on the rest of their conference. Anything can happen. Need to focus on how to capitalize on Navy and Win the Day. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting thread to keep going for the season.  After watching the Penn St win over Ohio St I think we safely say there will be more upsets and no one can predict what will happen.  I mean did anyone really think SMU was going to take down Houston ?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Basically it's a 3 team race for the East. TEmple USF and UCF and Temple holds the tie breaker over both us and the gnats.  I don't see us running the table at all.  The best we can hope for is 3 wins which means Temple has to lose twice (not likely) for us to win the East.  Like Jim said anything is possible, but USF winning the East is highly highly unlikely.

Anyhoo...On to Navy