• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU-Miami game to Raymond James

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

They should cancel this game already. Entire east coast will be flooded. Who can even make it to the game when roads may not be clear, and there may be no electricity, and there may still be gasoline shortages?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

A Hurricane game cancelled by a hurricane?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

13 minutes ago, Gismo said:

They should cancel this game already. Entire east coast will be flooded. Who can even make it to the game when roads may not be clear, and there may be no electricity, and there may still be gasoline shortages?

I'm amazed they haven't. The Kanigits shouldn't be hit as hard  .... but they were also fortunate that they and Tulane had same bye week so made decision a lot easier.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, Southshore26 said:

I'm going to assume/pray that you're just trolling.... there are alot of people... some as close as 20 miles from that stadium that are going to loose everything they have in the next 36 hours. Whether or not this game is played has nothing to do with anything UM.... it's about logistics, safety, not bringing in 65k people to a recovering disaster area and whether or not the hundreds of LEO's that would have to staff the even can be better used elsewhere. 

And the stadium isn't near Miami.... and it's going to probably be a cat 5 hurricane... ever been thru one of those? I still have nightmares from Andrew as my house was falling apart around me... 

My money is on him trolling - since you launched into full-blown lecture mode, it doesn't count that you caught it ... he got you hook, line and sinker.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, USFAlum1 said:

They are talking about giving FSU-Miami the noon slot and moving our game to 8 PM. Would not be good for tailgating as their game would not even be over until 3:30-4:00

No "they" aren't. Stop it. This isn't even close enough to being realistic for anyone to bother asking for a source.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Just now, JTrue said:

This isn't even close enough to being realistic for anyone to bother asking for a source.

It's part of my job description.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

24 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Why did you feel the need to post this a third time?  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Southshore26 said:

I'm going to assume/pray that you're just trolling.... there are alot of people... some as close as 20 miles from that stadium that are going to loose everything they have in the next 36 hours. Whether or not this game is played has nothing to do with anything UM.... it's about logistics, safety, not bringing in 65k people to a recovering disaster area and whether or not the hundreds of LEO's that would have to staff the even can be better used elsewhere. 

And the stadium isn't near Miami.... and it's going to probably be a cat 5 hurricane... ever been thru one of those? I still have nightmares from Andrew as my house was falling apart around me... 

It was intended to be a lighthearted joke against UM, nothing more. Sorry you experienced that. I'm a Tampa native and know how devastating hurricanes can be.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

27 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Why did you feel the need to post this a third time?  

in case somebody missed it the other 2 times?

I know I did :D 

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm amazed they haven't. The Kanigits shouldn't be hit as hard  .... but they were also fortunate that they and Tulane had same bye week so made decision a lot easier.

I'm guessing there is more money on the line with FSU/Miami. They probably don't care if the stadium is half full as long as it's on TV during the scheduled time, even if it's in another city.

Edited by ToroDeFuego