• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF and UCF for the East Title?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Okay, maybe luckiest game is a better way of saying it. 

UCF has 3 interceptions,  2 fumble recoveries, a safety, and a kickoff return. Sorry, that isn't happening regularly. This game was a fluke. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, emrober5 said:

UCF has 3 interceptions,  2 fumble recoveries, a safety, and a kickoff return. Sorry, that isn't happening regularly. This game was a fluke. 

Adrian Killins hitting a home run is no fluke, he's that good. The defense is the real deal was well

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, emrober5 said:

At the end of the day they created TO's and made the plays they needed to win.

I have to admit I am surprised at the 3-2 start for the Golden Knights, really shows you how bad the team quit last season.

I could see it going either way with them, they could have 1 conference loss heading into the last week, or they could have 5 or 6. My prediction at the beginning of the season was they would be 5-6 heading into the final week.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

Adrian Killins hitting a home run is no fluke, he's that good. The defense is the real deal was well

Yeah Killins is ridiculous as a true freshman, reminds me a lot of Mack's rookie year. They also have a stable of RBs.... kind of reminds me of USF actually. I bet that game in November will be good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

http://theamerican.org/allstandings.aspx

That would make for a pretty amazing end of season game at Ray Jay.  

I did not think this was even possible until watching part of the ECU game.  

UCF seems much improved, but I'm not sure they're a major threat just yet. Frost has them headed in the right direction though, and I imagine there will be some great games in this rivalry in the years to come. These two teams never seem to have a good year at the same time. When one is doing well, the other seems to suck. Looking forward to meaningful games in this rivalry between two good teams with alot on the line. This will also be a "package deal" selling point to a P5 conference down the road if we end up getting overlooked by the Big12.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Look at the box score.  It looks like UCF routed ECU, but then you look at the box score and ECU had 150 more yards than UCF, had 30 first downs to UCF's 16, and had nearly 500 yards passing and lost by 18.  UCF meanwhile had a KOR for a TD and INT returned for a TD.  ECU also had 5 turnovers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Capital H said:

At the end of the day they created TO's and made the plays they needed to win.

I have to admit I am surprised at the 3-2 start for the Golden Knights, really shows you how bad the team quit last season.

I could see it going either way with them, they could have 1 conference loss heading into the last week, or they could have 5 or 6. My prediction at the beginning of the season was they would be 5-6 heading into the final week.

Sometimes you don't "create" turnovers, the opponent simply gives them to you.  Nothing out of the ordinary was done to receive it other than falling on a free ball or catching a ball that was thrown right to you.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, PCBull14 said:

They said Cincinnati would be tough game to. Temple beating SMU at home tells me absolutely nothing about them. 

They said that before knowing how the team would be this year.  It turns out that Cincy is not very good and in the midst of falling off the AAC cliff.  Tulsa looks better than them.  

Edited by ECUshoein

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Yeah Killins is ridiculous as a true freshman, reminds me a lot of Mack's rookie year. They also have a stable of RBs.... kind of reminds me of USF actually. I bet that game in November will be good.

Mack is very good.  Their running game is superior in quality and depth though.  They have 4 rbs that could start.  Killins is one of the fastest in-play runners I have ever seen.  

• Downvote 12

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Memphis in not in the east 

Even better :D