• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF and UCF for the East Title?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

UCF's running game superior to USF's??? LMAO! I think after your game with us on Saturday you will have a different perception. 

I do believe it is, but upon further look, it seems the Bulls have 90 total more rushing yards than UCF-so you have that.  That said, their SOS is 48th in the country, yours is 67th.  Also, their rushing defense is 33rd in the country, yours is 110th.  I personally believe they will run all over you, like most everyone else has.  Now, the question is, how well will your running game do against one of the best running defenses in the country? If you win that game, it will be in the air imo.  

Calling people stupid because they disagree is childish, and reflects poorly upon your fanbase.  There is objective reasoning to believe X running game is better than Y running game in this case, I even posed a reasonable way to beat the X team.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I was giving UCF the benefit of the doubt. Neither of us have played a hard schedule, but ours has been harder than UCF. 

No it hasn't, UCF's is 48th, USF 67.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

18 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Here are some stats that prove you're incorrect. 

We have rushed for 1,262 yards over 5 games for a 252.4 yards per game average. We have rushed the ball 215 times for a 5.9 yards per carry average.

UCF has rushed for 1,160 yards over 5 games for a 232 yard average. They have 254 rush attempts for 4.6 yards per carry average. 

So UCF with 39 more attempts, has less yards. 

Hmmm looks like our running backs are superior. 

You're doing this wrong.

UCF has rushed for 1,160 yards over 5 games for a 232 yard average. We have rushed the ball 215 times for a 5.9 yards per carry average.

UCF Average-232 yards

USF Average-5.9 yards!

232>5.9!!!!

Therefore on average UCF gets 200+ more yards rushing per game or per carry than we do. Whichever way you want to spin it. Myself, I like the ludicrous 226 more yards per carry interpretation.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

52 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

I do believe it is, but upon further look, it seems the Bulls have 90 total more rushing yards than UCF-so you have that.  That said, their SOS is 48th in the country, yours is 67th.  Also, their rushing defense is 33rd in the country, yours is 110th.  I personally believe they will run all over you, like most everyone else has.  Now, the question is, how well will your running game do against one of the best running defenses in the country? If you win that game, it will be in the air imo.  

Calling people stupid because they disagree is childish, and reflects poorly upon your fanbase.  There is objective reasoning to believe X running game is better than Y running game in this case, I even posed a reasonable way to beat the X team.  

Coming to a USF board to promote UCF's superiority in the running game because your defense was inadequate in stopping them is bad form. You can produce all the x's and o's you want. I have seen both play every game this year and USF is better in the running department. Regardless if their RB's run on USF I feel confident we will out rush them in total yards.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

If Oregon fires their head coach Frost will probably leave on the first flight back to Oregon. I'm sure they'd offer more money and better facilities. Plus Oregon is an awesome place to live, definitely better than Orlando. 

Coach Frost loves Golf and he & his wife seem to really love the city so far.

The Oregon stuff is just fans on twitter. A lot of Oregon fans were tough on Frost and blaming him for any offense hiccups after Mariota and even would call him out at radio shows but now they are backtracking bc it seems they realize how much the players loved him. The biggest reason for Oregon's struggles though is Coach Hoke switching to a 4-3 while their former LB Coach Chinander is now at UCF running their former 3-4 scheme. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, ambienknights said:

Coach Frost loves Golf and he & his wife seem to really love the city so far.

The Oregon stuff is just fans on twitter. A lot of Oregon fans were tough on Frost and blaming him for any offense hiccups after Mariota and even would call him out at radio shows but now they are backtracking bc it seems they realize how much the players loved him. The biggest reason for Oregon's struggles though is Coach Hoke switching to a 4-3 while their former LB Coach Chinander is now at UCF running their former 3-4 scheme. 

Golf is great, but $$$ wins out almost every time. If Oregon offers him millions more than you can, he will leave. He'd be stupid at this point in his career not to take the $. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Golf is great, but $$$ wins out almost every time. If Oregon offers him millions more than you can, he will leave. He'd be stupid at this point in his career not to take the $. 

After hiring Helfrich they might not go down the Oregon assistant promotion route anymore and hire outside

fyi they have brought up Taggart's name as well.

Edited by ambienknights

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

9 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

After hiring Helfrich they might not go down the Oregon assistant promotion route anymore and hire outside

fyi they have brought up Taggart's name as well.

The best part of Taggart, Florida recruiting, is wasted in Oregon. Or anywhere west of the Mississippi.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

The best part of Taggart, Florida recruiting, is wasted in Oregon. Or anywhere west of the Mississippi.

Couldn't agree more. Teams are interested in him for his recruiting, which would be difficult that far away from Florida. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

8 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

We're certainly vulnerable to the run, but we certainly tightened up the 2nd half of Cincy. There are several sources that show SOS, but you didn't cite yours (unless its an opinion).  The one I checked has us pretty close.

You likely need to worry more about how ECU will do against us...and the rest of the AAC.  Not sure if you're legit, trolling for fun OR just trying to tweak USF because ECU was formally eliminated from Big 12 consideration.

In any event, hopefully AFTER Saturday's loss to USF, you'll have better things to do than go to USF's blog to talk about UCF.

• Upvote 1