• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our D is not good

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

You may want to watch the game before commenting on it. Most of our missed tackles were 5 - 10 yards downfield. There was no penetration by the defensive line and the linebackers were continually out of position.

With lesser talent we need to have a better scheme to be competitive.

I watched the game buddy,I was at the **** game. Like I said alignment was the issue. I could have called better defense to start.

But they DID  adjust and it helped a little but left the  wideouts open for FSU. Pick your poison. I could breakdown every adjustment made and how the FSU offense exploited the adjustment. We got beat plain and simple. No excuses. 

Few more classes and a couple more years in the scheme and that game is tight as hell. But it was played this year so we'll never know. Thought I'd be a 10 point loss, tad more but not to upset with that. The kids didn't quit,  all I wanted to see when we got down big. We have little more work to do. Pick your head up though, I feel sorry for our next opponent.

GO BULLS!!! 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

11 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Wrong. We will be justfine against both. Nickel defense was not the issue. Alinment was the issue against a vet online. Again we'll be fine. Y'all act like Allen called a great game against FSU last year. Bring him back and sans score. Take the goggles off. We got matched today on both sides of the line. 

"Just fine" ok I feel better now.  I do think we will win but I want to win a championship or an impressive bowl game too.  Asking for beefier package isnt exactly a tall order when FSU literally dragged us downfield.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I don't anything about football but even I could see the lone backers were not well positioned leaving huge holes and space for Cook. After he was past the first set of blocks from the o line. 

Guest PCBull14
3 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

"Just fine" ok I feel better now.  I do think we will win but I want to win a championship or an impressive bowl game too.  Asking for beefier package isnt exactly a tall order when FSU literally dragged us downfield.

We tried bag and didn't work. What else do you want them to do?

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Great. Tackling is the reason we lost. SMH

Pretty sure already said that but yolo. Y'all crack me up. Enough sky is falling for me today. CWT and company make it known why they deserve the big bucks. Losing a no win battle with y'all and I don't live my life that way. Enjoy negatively! 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

Through the years USF has always had problems stopping a big tough back. We can stop the spread but not the running back right up the gut. This even goes back to Jim Leavit era For example, Ray Rice when he was at Rutgers.   I put this game on the Coaches, to many 3 and outs after scoring 14.   Defense did not attack and try to make turnovers.   Face it, FSU offense players looked a lot bigger then our defense.  This arm tackling has got to be corrected. 

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I will give a small defense that it's really tough when it's 90+ degrees out there and your offense keeps going three and out.

Expect the offense gave you a 7-0 lead before you even stepped on the field, and then when you **** the bed back, the offense covered you again, only for you to **** the bed yet a second time in the first 5 min.  This game is on the horrible defense....period. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Hard to stop them when their OL is huge compared your DL. idk the stats on it but they looked a lot bigger and dominated trenches. We had no edge discipline for most of the game because we kept getting dominated in blocking 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

I put this game on the players. They simply played wuth no heart today. Next year we shall have Tramal Ivy savjing quarterbacks, so we will have the star power. This year we should be 10-2 & it will still be a successful year. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This defensive performance was terrible. 

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

I honestly dont remember cheering for a single good play on defense, but on to the next game