• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This year may be much BIGGER than we realize

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Georgia (Kirby Smart) and Miami (Mark Richt) just hired new coaches. Tennessee may cut ties with Butch Jones if he tanks this year I suppose.

I didn't literally mean those schools meant more so those caliber of teams and traditions 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, BULLZ said:

I didn't literally mean those schools meant more so those caliber of teams and traditions 

I figured as much just putting it out there lol There were so many openings last year .

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

He also said P5 money is "different" so I could see us losing him but the administration should stick to the model that has been laid which is the athletic qb and the gulf coast offense and a HC who has recruiting ties in this area.   We have a bright future and local hs coaches who are former players who want to help.  We are also killing it because the big 3 are running pro systems we are running spread.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Until CWT wins the conference or at least finishes the season ranked I'm not going to worry too much about him potentially bolting.

Yes, there's a lot of promise this year, but I've seen this movie before.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

47 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Until CWT wins the conference or at least finishes the season ranked I'm not going to worry too much about him potentially bolting.

Yes, there's a lot of promise this year, but I've seen this movie before.

I doubt he's going anywhere, at least not until he wins one of those national championships at USF that he mentioned early on.  :FIREdevil:

Edited by WoolyBully

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

This is a fascinating comparison thread to those we were posting a year ago for CWT.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Honestly trying to think of potential places for him to land in the next couple of years if things go well here...

Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Texas? I can't really think of any others.

I could see CWT leaving for one of those, but, not this year. Certainly Herman is the first to go, probably to LSU. I think Malzahn gets one more year. Jones gets another year. Strong is up in the air, but, I think Texas will stay local, someone who can recruit the state. I think Strong has struggled (politically) because his recruiting ties are in Florida... By the way, if for some reason Tags were to leave and Strong was available, I would say that we jump all over bringing him here.

Now, if we have a great year this year and next, I could see it as more of an option... hopefully those great years translate to $$$ coming into the program and we can afford to pay CWT enough to keep him here. Not to mention the extra $500k/yr that we can stop paying Holtz after next year!

And yes NC... what a difference a year makes.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, NCBull said:

This is a fascinating comparison thread to those we were posting a year ago for CWT.

Guilty. I was wrong. But after the Maryland game last year, other than some good recruiting, I didn't see any reason for him to be the HEAD Coach of the BULLS. Bring in good recruits and have them sleep walk thru a game is 100% unacceptable to me. Potential and zero results thru that game and I was losing my mind.

Really glad cooler heads prevailed.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Guilty. I was wrong. But after the Maryland game last year, other than some good recruiting, I didn't see any reason for him to be the HEAD Coach of the BULLS. Bring in good recruits and have them sleep walk thru a game is 100% unacceptable to me. Potential and zero results thru that game and I was losing my mind.

Really glad cooler heads prevailed.

GO BULLS!

I wasn't busting your chops, or really anyone's...that's where we were a year ago.  Joey Knight has a write up today about how last year's Cuse game was where the turnaround began.  We've won 9 of 11 since (including that game).  Just wild to even write that, considering where we were.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

CWT is a lot like CJL in this...they both 'love' and are 'connected to' the bay area.

• Upvote 2