• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Syracuse worries me

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Defense wins championships. So far, I still don't have a feel for our defense.

I want to see what our D can do against Syracuse. Keep them under 14 pts and I'll be happy.

So, when I say that I'm worried about this game, it's really about our defense.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

50 minutes ago, TimBulla said:

Defense wins championships. So far, I still don't have a feel for our defense.

I want to see what our D can do against Syracuse. Keep them under 14 pts and I'll be happy.

So, when I say that I'm worried about this game, it's really about our defense.

14 points on the road vs a pretty good qb would be pretty impressive.

I think defense did pretty good vs NIU if not for 30 yards in penalties one drive I'm not sure they score more than 13.

My biggest concern is defensive end, I want to see the line getting more pressure without having to always blitz to get pressure.

On 9/14/2016 at 3:59 PM, 72bull said:

It seems strange that this game is Syracuse's homecoming, especially since their other 2 games were at home.

Homecoming isn't about the TEAM coming home... but about alumni coming back to campus.

NOTE: Counting this game, the last SEVEN times USF and Syracuse played, the game was Homecoming for the home team.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, JimUSFSig said:

NOTE: Counting this game, the last SEVEN times USF and Syracuse played, the game was Homecoming for the home team.

Maybe it's because sooooo many of them move south it's a way to get them back up there.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, JimUSFSig said:

Homecoming isn't about the TEAM coming home... but about alumni coming back to campus.

Wow.  That's beyond coincidence, isn't it?  Especially considering how early a Homecoming this is for Cuse.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

This game does have me somewhat concerned mainly because of our offensive production on the road away from RJS.  We have scored 40+ points only once since last year's turnaround and that was against the clowns from Oviedo.  In the UConn, ECU, Navy game and the bowl game we failed to break 40 points.  Syracuse will put up points so it's crucial our offense is hitting on all cylinders.

I'm hoping for a road offensive statement game.  Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

This game does have me somewhat concerned mainly because of our offensive production on the road away from RJS.  We have scored 40+ points only once since last year's turnaround and that was against the clowns from Oviedo.  In the UConn, ECU, Navy game and the bowl game we failed to break 40 points.  Syracuse will put up points so it's crucial our offense is hitting on all cylinders.

What about Cincy last year and our last two games? We scored 40 points lots of times. Home or away ismt a factor, it's the matchups.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Gismo said:

What about Cincy last year and our last two games? We scored 40 points lots of times. Home or away ismt a factor, it's the matchups.

I disagree.  Home or away does matter.  A veteran team is able to perform no matter where they play.  My instinct tells me we will but let's see how this team reacts to noise and adversity.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Yes on the road the offense has scored less in general. Easier to take a strong defense on road than a offense.

Defense needs a big game as we get closer this could be a closer game especially if team is looking towards FSU game.

I think if team brings A game we win big but with college teams they don't always do that especially if they have some youth.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10