• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

F*#$ our Local Writers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

See, I read the article and it was generally okay, but the backhanded compliments don't work. I get what he was trying to sell-"Go buy tickets people! This is a fun team to watch!" But he literally might be too snarky and sarcastic to pull it off in a way that isn't nice. 

There are plenty of great games this year on the schedule-we haven't even hit the meat of our schedule. I know we'll clear 60k for FSU, but I won't be shocked when we clear 45k for Navy and UCF. ECU and UConn are dependent on how the team is doing. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

29 minutes ago, Bullshiznitz said:

...about a dozen different articles (Bronson's big game, Tice/Johnson stepping up in Macks absence, long string of regular season dominance USF has shown, Flowers biggest game passing of his career, awesome student section, etc...) that could be written after this game, and maybe some of them...

16 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

...the tone that Fennelly uses; one of derision and condescending disrespect.

I can see that. Yeah, it's overkill to compare twenty-odd thousand in Tampa to a hunnerd-n-fitty-odd thousand at the racetrack, and there's probably a different thread that could have been the focus of the article. Style and substance being two different things, I think this would be a good time to get used to his style, 'cause it ain't gonna change no matter what. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

10 hours ago, bullsonparade said:

It wasn't that bad...but yes he is a dbag

this

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

40 minutes ago, Bullshiznitz said:

I think what upsets people, is there was no need to even get into attendance in this article.  It's the constant need by local writers to somehow dump on USF no matter how good they are doing.  Why couldn't the article simply have been "USF is a fun team to watch right now", and kept it to talking about the explosive offense, the string of home victories, etc...  Why even get into attendance when that wasn't what the bulk of the article was about?  

I mean I can think of about a dozen different articles (Bronson's big game, Tice/Johnson stepping up in Macks absence, long string of regular season dominance USF has shown, Flowers biggest game passing of his career, awesome student section, etc...) that could be written after this game, and maybe some of them were (I refuse to give them clicks at this point to check it out), but dumping on attendance at this point is unoriginal.  

I agree 100%!!!! There really was no need to bring up attendance in that article. There were so many positive things from the game, why focus on the negative. Tell people how fun our team is and encourage them to come out to the game. He could have gotten the point across in a positive manner. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Yes.

yes 

has anyone heard that call since?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

They are trying to help sell the program to TB it seems. I thought this article was good as he is ripping on the TB casual fan. Saying they are missing a fun team to watch. I like it.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

45 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

There really was no need to bring up attendance in that article.

If he didn't do that wouldn't it require actually knowing what you're writing about?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

If he didn't do that wouldn't it require actually knowing what you're writing about?

Yep, it's typical Tampa media. Talk about attendance at all times. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

Yep, it's typical Tampa media. Talk about attendance at all times. 

Oh, I know. I've read the Tribune and now Times since I learned to read in the '50's. Just got my renewal notice from the Times. For the first time in 63 years there won't be a news paper delivered to my house.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Tribune had great coverage of us, and also great gameday articles and postgame too. TBT is full of jackass writers insulting our program and little to no content about USF and when there is it's buried so deep it takes an archaeologist to dig it up.

• Upvote 1