• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When is USF making their B12 presentation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well they went out and probably did the best they could. That is good enough for me. 

Absolutely. Me too. No matter what happens, it appears they gave it their all.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I'm curious who the anonymous leakers are, and why the leaked any details to ours only. Maybe that means it was the most notable presentation?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Jk reporting that Derrick brooks was also Involved in the video

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

And Tino Martinez

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I would have thought Higgins would have been at the meeting but maybe he was in their video presentation

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I would have loved to hear Higgins as part of the entourage attending the presentation, but perhaps he made his presence felt through a video or some other way

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

What they seem to be doing, with Vinik along, is selling the Tampa Bay area.  Something you can assume he has done his homework on and is very passionate about.  I think that is smart.  He owns a professional sports franchise in the area and you better believe he knows the ins and outs of the market as far as long term growth potential.

Tony Dungy is an ambassador known for his high character and is lending his name to the effort.

I think it is very smart to include these two.  I think Judy has been through this before and knows what she is doing.  

They made there pitch according to the AP and it was one of the last ones, a good draw - which might have been by design.

If they are truly waiting until October to vote, then the rest comes down to performance on the field which might make USF pretty lucky since we are slated to have a pretty good year.

I expect to win today but the biggest game in our programs future might just be Syracuse next week.  I know that might sound funny but if win the next two we go into the FSU game 3-0 and, win or lose, it is a win for us.  We will play them competitively in front of a crazy packed house.  

That is big time football, just when we need it.

Edited by MMW
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

The leaks are odd. Only one schools presentations details get out? Weird. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

14 hours ago, MechanicalBull said:

Presentation made already per this website.

not good news if true

https://tmgcollegesports.com/2016/09/09/big-12-expansion-waiting-begins-for-uconn/

BIG 12 EXPANSION: WAITING BEGINS FOR UCONN

Posted by Mark Blaudschun | Sep 9, 2016 | A Jersey Guy | 

Here, according to sources familiar with the process, is  where we are in the  Big 12 Will Expand/  Big 12 Won’t Expand   Derby.

Interviews/presentations:  They will continue through the end of next week.  Of the 11 schools on the interview “list”, UConn, Houston,UCF and USF had made (as of Friday morning) their sales pitches.  Remaining: Air Force, BYU, SMU,  Rice, Colorado State, Tulane, and Cincinnati.

It is a two-tiered list: Cincinnati , UConn, BYU and UCF are in the first group and have already been vetted by the Big 12. Their presentations were filled with additional details beyond the basics.

The other 7 schools required more of an introduction and have almost no chance of making the final cut unless  some major unknown additions made in their presentations. Most of those schools are being interviewed for political reasons. The rest of this article is available to subscribers only – to become a subscriber click here. 

I was reading this guy, I believe at the Trenton Times, when I was growing up as a kid.  Don't remember what kind of credibility he ever had.  https://tmgcollegesports.com/190-2/

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

The leaks are odd. Only one schools presentations details get out? Weird. 

Although I have no basis for this, I like to think that the B12 is leaking it to try to prepare fans for an announcement that USF is in. It's obvious USF isn't a popular pick with fans outside of Tampa Bay, but showing the reasons for the selection may help soften the blow for some. 

• Upvote 1