• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey Knight latest AP Poll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Joey has seen USF win 8 of regular season games and average 50 points a game in last 5 regular season games.  Don't know how he doesn't have USF in.

Knight also insists on being the only person in the country, among 128 FBS schools, to report actual attendance (the other 127 only report announced), which is used by UCF and ECU fans to lie about how great their attendance is and poor USF's is.  When in reality, no one truly knows what their actual attendance is.

I actually heard a UCF fan post all over the internet how they outdrew us by 14,000 fans.  When actually, their announced was like 300 fans above USF's announced.  This has got to stop.

This angers me.  What is Knight's problem, and why doesn't he just  freaking report announced only like every other 127 FBS programs do.

No one called Greg bad names when he reported these numbers for years as the USF beat writer.

This anger towards Joey is idiotic, week 2 poll coming off a win over a mid-level FCS team included.

Edited by Joe
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Relax people...it will all play itself out.

Can we just for once lay of Joey? People think he's anti-USF, when the reality is that more people are just anti-Joey. For Effs sake.

Im not anti joey knight.  I just think if he thinks we should prove ourselves (which I agree) same should be said for UF.  They haven't accomplished anything.  Look at their last 5-6 games played.  Struggled to beat FIU in OT last year got smoked my FSU, Michigan, and Alabama and then start of the season struggling to beat the 125th ranked team in UMASS.. The beginning of this seasons schedule they play UK (blows) North texas literally the last ranked team in College and only other team that went winless besides UCF :-), then Presbetyrian ? after that they have a solid matchup with Tennessee and they then play a ****** Missouri team.  If they win those games they'll go from 25 to somewhere in 15th area with out proving jack squat.  So how is their top 25 ranking on his ballot justified??? im curious as to him elaborating on this if he wants to but I know he wont because im pretty sure the consensus around for a normal non biased fan would be to get UF out of the top 25 ASAP.  USF is way more deserving to be in the top 25 than UF is and that's a fact!!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Based solely on this response, I'm sure people say that about you too.

Basing any opinion on a person upon one response is idiotic in itself, nonetheless factoring in his 1/2 rankings. Anyone who knows college football knows that doesn't deserve a vote. Whether it's Joey Knoght, or Condoleezaa Rice 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Please don't lecture me with the small school bias stuff. I'm well aware of SDSU. Their 11 win streak only has 1 notable win last year which was Cincy... and they were pretty terrible at the end of the year. That streak started after a 3 game losing streak which included losses against Penn state and South Alabama (yeah). With that being said, their defense is legit, and Pumphrey is all you can ask for as a main back. The Chapman kid can play but I'm not sold on them as a top 25 team whatsoever. They are far from being better than Notre Dame, UM, UCLA, UF, Tennesee, UNC or even LSU. That goes for 22-24 on your list as well. 

Oh yeah, world beaters Tennessee and Florida hahha ok bro man. Did you see app state dominate tennessee??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Oh yeah, world beaters Tennessee and Florida hahha ok bro man. Did you see app state dominate tennessee??

Yet you had UT, and UF, as a top 30 team, which is still a joke. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

We should not be ranked until we win next two games and beat or a close loss to FSU

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

52 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yet you had UT, and UF, as a top 30 team, which is still a joke. 

I don't think Tennessee and Florida should be ranked, but somehow the media missed Michigan State's 28-13 thrashing of a 3 win FCS team.

I really don't care at this point. The polls are what they are and won't mean much until everything starts shaking out in a few weeks.

If we're that good we'll get attention and move up. If UT or UF is that bad, they'll move down. 

Blowing a fuse or calling out a beat writer in week 2, when his poll echoes a lot of the other media (not saying that's a good thing) is dumb and more of a shot at this board's asinine dislike of JK.

Come November, this can become a legit gripe.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Look, the guy publicly released how he voted.  Right now there isn't much to go on, so give him a break.  Things will work themselves out later on in the season. 

Go Bulls!