• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Gameday for FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

39 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I am disappointed that no one has brought up last year's Temple/Notre Dame game ... extremely disappointed.

If anyone thought much of either team, I'm sure they would have ... 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

11 minutes ago, JoeB said:

No chance for USF to host Gameday vs FSU.  Its too early in the season.  If Temple played ND in wk 4 last year they wouldn't have hosted either.

While I wouldn't say "no chance" I do agree that it is highly unlikely. However, if USF was to go out and win each of the first 3 games by 40+ points and QF and Mack are leading the nation in TDs and a few teams are upset early on, then we at least have a chance....

Looking at the schedule, if both teams are undefeated, our game is ripe for a 3:30 pm ABC/ESPN regional time slot. The games that appear to be marquee on paper right now are:

Stanford v. UCLA (likely the Fox prime-time game)

Florida v. Tennessee

Georgia v. Ole Miss (one of these two games will be the 3:30 CBS game and the other will likely be a 7 to 8 pm ESPN/ESPN 2 game)

Oklahoma State v. Baylor (likely on FS1)

Penn State v. Michigan

Wisconsin v. Michigan St. (one will likely be a nooner, the other could be a 3:30 regional ABC/ESPN game)

Outside of these games, the only other matchups with national appeal will be LSU v. Auburn (Auburn likely to have 2 losses) and Pitt v. UNC

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

While I wouldn't say "no chance" I do agree that it is highly unlikely. However, if USF was to go out and win each of the first 3 games by 40+ points and QF and Mack are leading the nation in TDs and a few teams are upset early on, then we at least have a chance....

Looking at the schedule, if both teams are undefeated, our game is ripe for a 3:30 pm ABC/ESPN regional time slot. The games that appear to be marquee on paper right now are:

Stanford v. UCLA (likely the Fox prime-time game)

Florida v. Tennessee

Georgia v. Ole Miss (one of these two games will be the 3:30 CBS game and the other will likely be a 7 to 8 pm ESPN/ESPN 2 game)

Oklahoma State v. Baylor (likely on FS1)

Penn State v. Michigan

Wisconsin v. Michigan St. (one will likely be a nooner, the other could be a 3:30 regional ABC/ESPN game)

Outside of these games, the only other matchups with national appeal will be LSU v. Auburn (Auburn likely to have 2 losses) and Pitt v. UNC

This is why it looks like ours would be a nooner.  A lot of marquee conference games. 

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I see PSU vs Michigan as a night game and Wisconsin vs MSU as 3:30.  Our game with FSU looks like a noon game to me.  It could change depending on if PSU and Wisconsin stink it up, but we;ll have to see if that happens.

7 minutes ago, JoeB said:

I see PSU vs Michigan as a night game and Wisconsin vs MSU as 3:30.  Our game with FSU looks like a noon game to me.  It could change depending on if PSU and Wisconsin stink it up, but we;ll have to see if that happens.

The Big House does have lights now... but they only want to use it once or twice per season.  And since PSU is not getting any votes, it will probably be a Noon game.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

We would have to be playoff busters first, Would need to be defeated and playing a big game at the end of the season. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am more than fine with a noon time start as this gives me more hours to celebrate a USF win. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, Rizman said:

They want it on a campus, not at a pro football stadium.  Not going to happen. 

Did you happen to catch it last season I believe when it was at Temple?   (pro stadium as well)

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

was a non p5 ever part of game day last year in the first half of the season?

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

Syracuse and NIU will be big tests, FSU a long way away