• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Prediction Thread - 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

The interesting thing about the schedule is the 6 game stretch in the middle will make or break our season IMO. I see us starting off with 3 wins (Towson, NIU, Syracuse), then finishing the season after a bye week with Memphis, SMU, and UCF. I don't see us losing any of those games. That is 6-0 right there. The 6 game middle stretch starts tough with FSU, Cincy, and ECU. We will go 2-1 here, and hopefully our loss comes vs Cincy, because I would LOVE to beat FSU, and I don't see us losing to ECU. Next comes UConn, Temple, Navy. I also see us going 2-1 here, with the win vs UConn, and splitting Navy / Temple. This brings us to a 10-2 regular season record. I See us likely losing to Houston in the CCG, and I will not make a bowl game prediction before we see our opponent. So end of regular season plus CCG is 10-3

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Quite bullish in here

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The reasons I feel optimistic are: I feel based on what we did last season and having so many starters returning this has the potential to be one of the most exciting offenses in the country.  

I am not so concerned with the 3 new starters on the OL. Mack had a huge first year with one of the worst OLs we ever fielded. This isn't the same offense as Taggart's first two years where it is reliant on an overpowering OL. With Adams running sweeps and Flowers throwing in a read option every few plays plus the quick bubble screens, this offense has too many proven weapons to be held back.

More depth on both sides of the ball than at any time ever. 

I wasn't sold on Flowers until late in the year. The thing I am most impressed with him about is that he protects the ball. No stupid mistakes at the wrong time. 

I think we are deeper and better on defense than at any time. My only concern is how quickly Woodie takes to his role as DC. He has a pretty good defensive staff to help out. One coach we don't hear much about, but in my opinion was a great hire is Janacek. Former DC at Tennessee, Cincinnati and Co DC at Georgia. Should be helpful in making in game adjustments. 

Lots of reasons to be optimistic. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If no injuries on the O-line then: 11-3 (loss to FSU, random loss in conference, loss in conference championship game, win bowl game)

If injuries on O-line then: 8-5 (Loss to FSU, NIU/Syracuse, Cincinnati, UConn and Temple)

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

I've seen these type of posts before somewhere....oh yeah, the old UCF message boards

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

12-2    IF   we can have - 1. No injuries. - 2. Win the line of scrimmage. - 3. Catch the balls that should be caught.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

16 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

5-7, offensive line play is terrible, CWT back on hot seat, majority on TBP debate why CWT won't start AW or Kean at QB

going against the grain

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

based on last year we should be 10-4

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Good points on needing a dominate oline...just effective.

It all comes down to does this team play up and down to teams or we play at a high level every game.

If we brought our A game every game I only see FSU as a loss..but I'm sure they will have a game they bring C game and lose.

I'll say we make history and win 10 if the offense we saw last part of last season continues. 

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

Okay, bold prediction for the season...

USF will end the year #1 in total rushing yards. 

We finished #11 in 2015. 

• Upvote 1