• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Downvoting/Upvoting Etiquette

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

I think the down vote is simple. Dont be a male appendage.

• Downvote 5

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

31 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

If only we had a way of evaluating what a poster brings to this board. Kind of like the QBR but more complicated.

Lol...touche! Shall we write up our own proprietary algorithm ;-)

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, JTrue said:

While we're all enjoying ourselves in here this morning blowing up Bull-Hornz with down votes...I caught a glimpse of the donation section on the main page and remembered this place doesn't run itself. Toss Brad a few bones if you can. He's not going to ask you himself. 

Thx for the reminder. Will venture over to check the state of the union. @Brad how's it looking?

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I always just figured the voting options were for how I felt about any given post at any given time.  I didn't realize there was a whole etiquette system behind it.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mark_my_words said:

I have no issues with how things are voted on today (so I guess I disagree).  I think all your down votes we received in jest so I gave you some up vote love for trying to improve etiquette on the internet. 

I think you should spend more time trying to impress Dulcinea.  I think she might coming around. 

Appreciate it. In general no one likes being told what to do especially on an anonymous forum. I am enjoying all the voting lol.

In general I thought we could be a bit more inviting towards newer and even returning members which is my relative perspective of how things have been on TBP in the past and this seemed like a good place to start. I would expect an uptick in new users as the season approaches and since its the offseason...at any rate IMO we should reserve down votes to call out trolls and things that are way off the mark. If you disagree or have a different take on a post, discuss, have it out, but I think differences of opinion are what make the board interesting and don't necessarily warrant a down vote. 

Edited by Bull-Hornz
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

25 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

Lol...touche! Shall we write up our own proprietary algorithm ;-)

I say go simpler.

TNHm1XW.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

59 minutes ago, JTrue said:

While we're all enjoying ourselves in here this morning blowing up Bull-Hornz with down votes...I caught a glimpse of the donation section on the main page and remembered this place doesn't run itself. Toss Brad a few bones if you can. He's not going to ask you himself. 

or an upvote, at least :D 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

Appreciate it. In general no one likes being told what to do especially on an anonymous forum. I am enjoying all the voting lol.

In general I thought we could be a bit more inviting towards newer and even returning members which is my relative perspective of how things have been on TBP in the past and this seemed like a good place to start. I would expect an uptick in new users as the season approaches and since its the offseason...at any rate IMO we should reserve down votes to call out trolls and things that are way off the mark. If you disagree or have a different take on a post, discuss, have it out, but I think differences of opinion are what make the board interesting and don't necessarily warrant a down vote. 

I hear you.  I may have agree with you years ago but I have come to the conclusion that people need to have a thick skin and do a good job a picking their words (and battles).  It is is a good skill to have on this forum and life frankly.

I think CWT is a great coach, Flowers is a fantastic QB, I want a OCS and I have no opinion on what Publix sub is the best (but I will concede it is hard to choose a bad one).

I am willing to respectfully discuss that with anyone on this forum.  I rarely thumbs down unless it is a troll and NEVER someone I am actively debating with.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

I saw the up and down votes here more like reputation points on other forum threads. As rep for agreed upon statements and topics and down for disagree (vehemently essentially) and the like. 

And for the record, even though I'm primarily a Bulls Basketball follower, I said we needed to ride QF when we were doing the MW thing. :icon_drink:

Edited by JoshuaG
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

lol all the down-votes for OP. The moral of the story, just don't dishonor the code

65529490.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1