• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

COA being sought by Pitt??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

Laughable. If Harlan gives COA an extension he is worse than Wollard ever was.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

Harlan will not give Antigua an extension just to keep him here given he has had 2 disastrous seasons. Now if he turns it around and goes to the NCAA tourney or even NIT next year an extension might happen but not now. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  393
  • Days Won:  0

There is absolutely no way Pitt (or any other school) even interviews Coach Antigua. I am looking forward to him turning around our program next season.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

If he chooses to leave good for him . I hope that Harlan can get an experienced D1 Coach then and not an assistant with potential .

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433

I would think that Harlan has good basketball contacts and has had 2-3 years to scour the landscape for coaches (both up and coming and Larry Brown types alike).  So I think we are good no matter what Coach O does (good or bad).  The good thing is that talent is coming in.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 hours ago, wagers said:

The good thing is that talent is coming in.

But there's no guarantee that such talent will stick with USF, should Antigua get a gig elsewhere. I, too, am looking forward to seeing what Antigua can do with a fully stocked cupboard next season.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

WINNING A BASKETBALL GAME IS NOT A LIFE OR DEATH MATTER FOR USF COACH ORLANDO ANTIGUA. WATCH HIS UNBELIEVABLE JOURNEY TO BECOMING A SUCCESSFUL COACH. ANTIGUA IS IN A TOUGH CONFERENCE BUT IF TOUGHNESS IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS, I LIKE THE BULLS FUTURE PROSPECTS UNDER ORLANDO ANTIGUA!.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

15 hours ago, CoralSpringsBull said:

There is absolutely no way Pitt (or any other school) even interviews Coach Antigua. I am looking forward to him turning around our program next season.

Don't think I'd go that far. He has a good pedigree and has some relatively solid accomplishments with the Dominican team and with his assistant jobs. Everyone that has seen the ups & downs of coaching knows the first two or three seasons aren't usually indicative of whether a coach will succeed. Especially when that coach is not a name brand yet and doesn't command that instant respect.

I think our boy will get some traction soon, and P5 schools will come calling. Just my opinion of the man.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

I dont know why he would leave. He has so much support here for his long term goals and transformative plan for our program. 

Yes, brimming with sarcasm. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, JoshuaG said:

I dont know why he would leave. He has so much support here for his long term goals and transformative plan for our program. 

Yes, brimming with sarcasm. 

That's not really sarcasm because it's more true than not. Only ones who have a real problem with COA at this juncture are maybe one or two who apparently aren't familiar with college and/or USF basketball. 

• Upvote 3