• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woodie To Defensive Coordinator; Allen To Accept Position At Another Institution

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I had no doubt we would lose him at some point, but I thought we had another year.

surprised it's to Indiana, I really doubt they will pay much more than USF was going to pay him. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

I wonder if the door closed behind him after interest in leaving surfaced. 

I hope Woodie is capable. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

40 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

I just hope this doesn't hurt recruiting a ton 

I think it actually help recruiting. Woodie is by far our best recruiter(aside from Taggart). Happy for Woodie this was the move I wanted when it seemed like Allen was taking the Auburn job. Appreciative of what Allen did at USF but he was ready to jump at the first offer.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm ok staying in-house. I'm more surprised how quick the promotion came; almost as if they expected CTA to leave and knew exactly what their move was going to be. I like Woodie a lot and the players seem to love him so let's see what he can do with the groundwork already laid. My only fear is he followed CWT to USF; so if CWT leaves for another program does he follow him again? 

I can't shake this feeling that this will perpetually be our ceiling because of the lack of continuity in staffs. We have a positive year, someone gets snatched up and then we don't meet expectations because of it. I BULLieve though! Too much talent on this team and in the area to think otherwise!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yeah, I hope he is capable. I  believe the improvement on both sides of the ball was a function of having experienced, accomplished coaches coming in. Although Allen was not a DC before he came from in being an integral player in building a highly successful SEC defense.   Just hoping promoting Woodie is not a sign of Taggart going back to the WKU pipeline mentality. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

11 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I'm ok staying in-house. I'm more surprised how quick the promotion came; almost as if they expected CTA to leave and knew exactly what their move was going to be. I like Woodie a lot and the players seem to love him so let's see what he can do with the groundwork already laid. My only fear is he followed CWT to USF; so if CWT leaves for another program does he follow him again? 

I can't shake this feeling that this will perpetually be our ceiling because of the lack of continuity in staffs. We have a positive year, someone gets snatched up and then we don't meet expectations because of it. I BULLieve though! Too much talent on this team and in the area to think otherwise!

With all of the rumors of Allan as a possible candidate to Auburn, I'm sure Taggart at that time was already doing all of his homework/decisions on who would be Allen's replacement, and decided on Woodie.

Since that was only a very short while ago, Taggart probably was still good with what his choice was at the time.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

21 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I think it actually help recruiting. Woodie is by far our best recruiter(aside from Taggart). Happy for Woodie this was the move I wanted when it seemed like Allen was taking the Auburn job. Appreciative of what Allen did at USF but he was ready to jump at the first offer.

That was my first reaction...I think Woodie connects better with the kids, and I hope our D rallies behind him.

I wish nothing but the best for Allen, as he brought energy we haven't seen in years and brought attack back.  No reason that style & scheme has to leave with him.

He's also more likely to stick with Taggart, if we keep moving up.  He's more loyal than Allen to Taggart, clearly.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

41 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Correct, this move solidifies recruiting in that we have less likelyhood of losing Woodie, which would be longterm more damaging than losing Allen now.  Plus Allen, never proved he could recruit here, however, he really didn't have much of opportunity.  I really think this move and announcement is strange.  Ultimately...

Collin Sherwin Retweeted

Allen was/is a little crazy.  Hope we can keep the intensity, that's up to Woodie now.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

Auburn is one thing, but going to a program where 6 wins is the best you can do every year makes little sense to me...we have more talent than IU 9 out of 10 years plus I'm sure IU isn't breaking the bank for him either...

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Woodie is a superb recruiter. I'm confident he can connect to the players and keep a similar attacking scheme in place.