• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mods, thanks for not being "that guy"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Too funny that he had to backtrack after that board gave him a mini-revolt.  I'll never get his holier-than-thou approach.  This is football we are talking about, not national economic policy.  His continue demeaning of this board, and then his own board for not meeting his level of "intelligent" conversation is laughable.  I'll fully admit to reading some of his V5 stuff, but there was nothing especially in-depth, hi-brow or what I would consider extremely "intelligent" football talk in any of his articles/posts.  He's basically just another message board poster with a bigger microphone.  If he was laying down articles on the difficulties or advantages of recruiting to Tom Allen's 4-2-5 defense in Florida, or a statistical breakdown of playcalling from first half of the games to second half and seeing if strategies changed, or varies other topics that require a more indepth intelligent look, well he might have a point or a leg to stand on.  He's not though.  He's just an egotistical blowhard spouting somewhat well written message board opinions.  Its great that he's a USF fan, but if his intent is to divide and demean fellow fans, well then I hope 247 sinks along with him.  

• Upvote 2

His "other places to fling green and gold poo" was likely meant as a disparagement of TBP.

Too bad that this site has many times the members of his 247 site and the members here are a heck of a lot more active.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Agreed. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Out of morbid curiosity I poked around over there, and just in case anyone is interested it seems Collin has un-permabanned the poster and apologized (well, sort of) for the whole thing.  How exciting.

In reading through a few threads there and occasionally on other boards, I'm reminded again of how good we have it here on TBP.  It's not always perfect, but it sure feels like home.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

It's a Christmas miracle!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

In the gif below, Collin is the Dude, and his readers are the cop.  

02d4e701287a4ddd9cc42c66f4db00f3.jpg

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Forgive me Brad, for I have sinned. I haven't been active on TBP in a long time. I was always a big V5 fan. They could get zany at times, but it was enjoyable and that's what I liked. I joined Bulls247 and bought the service to support them for their first year because I really did enjoy their blog posts and watnedto see it keep going and maybe subscriber growth would help with that. Idk...

However, I lost a lot of respect with Collin on this. I was extremely disappointed in his handling of the situation and the reason he gave for the ban. When a lot of news was surfacing on Tom Allen being the front-runner for the Auburn DC job, a new thread was created on possible replacements for CTA. Collin thought this to be inappropriate and banned the guy for it saying this was a detriment to CTA and his family. Granted, he said the poster has had several past infractions, but he shouldn't have been banned for starting a replacement speculation thread. Collin has since retracted and undid the ban, but it was still disappointing to see him go on what seemed like a power trip at the time.

I am cancelling my subscription and will probably be visiting here more often again.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

6 minutes ago, Lmshaffe said:

saying this was a detriment to CTA and his family.

I don't get this angle.  He did interview, right?  So, don't get mad if people react and speculate.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

9 minutes ago, Lmshaffe said:

Forgive me Brad, for I have sinned. I haven't been active on TBP in a long time. I was always a big V5 fan. They could get zany at times, but it was enjoyable and that's what I liked. I joined Bulls247 and bought the service to support them for their first year because I really did enjoy their blog posts and watnedto see it keep going and maybe subscriber growth would help with that. Idk...

However, I lost a lot of respect with Collin on this. I was extremely disappointed in his handling of the situation and the reason he gave for the ban. When a lot of news was surfacing on Tom Allen being the front-runner for the Auburn DC job, a new thread was created on possible replacements for CTA. Collin thought this to be inappropriate and banned the guy for it saying this was a detriment to CTA and his family. Granted, he said the poster has had several past infractions, but he shouldn't have been banned for starting a replacement speculation thread. Collin has since retracted and undid the ban, but it was still disappointing to see him go on what seemed like a power trip at the time.

I am cancelling my subscription and will probably be visiting here more often again.

Welcome back!  :guinness:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't get this angle.  He did interview, right?  So, don't get mad if people react and speculate.

Collin claims his beef is that the poster stated that Allen WAS leaving (fact) as opposed to MAYBE leaving (speculation).  I wasn't bored enough to hunt down the thread, and my guess is that it was removed from the site anyway.

Frankly, I doubt a message board impacts decisions by players & coaches, unless there was a direct & personal attack.  I think most people realize these boards are made up of a small % of the fan base, and don't necessarily reflect the fan base's opinions.

Guess we're still waiting on the Auburn DC decision, so Coach Allen's future isn't known.  So, we can speculate...or like me, enjoy the rest of my vacation this year, and check Tweets and this site for updates, occasionally.