• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mods, thanks for not being "that guy"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

6 minutes ago, cambodia36 said:

I can't blame them about the football team outlook. I mean Willie is basically still here thanks to Skip still getting checks from the program, otherwise they might have gotten rid of him after last season. Judging from the high school game crowds this season, a lot of people had already given up.

Writing an article like that in April is pure drama queen. And Willie would have been here at least this year regardless what coaches were being paid to not coach. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, cambodia36 said:

I can't blame them about the football team outlook. I mean Willie is basically still here thanks to Skip still getting checks from the program, otherwise they might have gotten rid of him after last season. Judging from the high school game crowds this season, a lot of people had already given up.

So your belief is that Harlan wanted to fire CWT instead of giving him the 3 years basically every coach gets?

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

So your belief is that Harlan wanted to fire CWT instead of giving him the 3 years basically every coach gets?

C'mon now. You're engaging with someone who posted that he was actively rooting against USF so that CWT would get fired because that would be best in the long run. In that worldview everything resulting in CWT not being here anymore can be defensible.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

Someone should Tweet this to him...classic.

I don't think most people would care, because who hasn't been wrong in a sports prediction or three, except for way-too-frequent the "holier than thou/better fan than you" preening.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

C'mon now. You're engaging with someone who posted that he was actively rooting against USF so that CWT would get fired because that would be best in the long run. In that worldview everything resulting in CWT not being here anymore can be defensible.

Slow day.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

5 hours ago, SANJAY said:

I don't think most people would care, because who hasn't been wrong in a sports prediction or three, except for way-too-frequent the "holier than thou/better fan than you" preening.

Agreed! Think that all USF fans should unite!! Bulls Unite!!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

I really dont know for sure what Harlan wanted to do w Tags before the season. I do know that whether or not he wanted him gone, the point was moot because they probably couldn't afford to be paying 2 guys not to coach here. Plenty of boosters wanted him gone, and there really wasn't a ton of optimism on the season. 

I did want him gone, and yes, I'd have preferred they go 0-12 to something like 5-7. That record does nothing, either one of those means you didn't have a winning season and didn't go to a bowl (unless your Nebraska). I'd have preferred 8-5 to either of those, so that's good that it happened. 

I still don't think Willie is a good coach. The offense that won games this season clearly wasn't his, but credit to him for finally realizing his offense blows. If he can recruit and get out of his own way on offense, it may not matter much. But I still believe they'll lose 3-4 a season annually because he's simply out coached or doesn't prepare his team for what they're about to face. But I'm fine with it if he proves me wrong. 

Edited by cambodia36