• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mods, thanks for not being "that guy"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Either Collin is insane and lives in a weird world where a man making an absurd amount of money for what he does (this goes for any coach, honestly) deeply cares about the opinions of a website with significantly less traffic per month than a 14 second video of a rat carrying a piece of pizza or Collin is correct and Coach Allen is mentally unstable and needs to be swaddled in blankets to ensure his shadow doesn't finally 'get him' after all those years of creeping up on him.

As we're talking about two grown men, I'm disturbed by whichever case is ultimately true.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

14 hours ago, Lmshaffe said:

saying this was a detriment to CTA and his family.

14 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't get this angle.  He did interview, right?  So, don't get mad if people react and speculate.

Plus, the bs aspect about even caring about the feelings of CTA, and his family, when he was proud of the fact that he wrangled a post bowl game interview with CTA just to ask him about Auburn. The last thing Allen needed to be presented with immediately following that defensive debacle was an Internet rumor involving his career ..... Collin's a hypocrite.

Also there was this gem, "I deleted the dumbest thread in the history of this board that was talking about the replacement of a person that hasn't even left the university yet." and this this Twitter exchange:

Fan Tweet:"isn't that the point of a message board to speculate?"

C response:"If it is, then I want no part of it. Not when it comes to people's livelihood."

Yet he apparently had no problem with threads about CWT's replacement early on in the year .... hypocrite.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

Plus, the bs aspect about even caring about the feelings of CTA, and his family, when he was proud of the fact that he wrangled a post bowl game interview with CTA just to ask him about Auburn. The last thing Allen needed to be presented with immediately following that defensive debacle was an Internet rumor involving his career ..... Collin's a hypocrite.

Also there was this gem, "I deleted the dumbest thread in the history of this board that was talking about the replacement of a person that hasn't even left the university yet." and this this Twitter exchange:

C response:"If it is, then I want no part of it. Not when it comes to people's livelihood."

Yet he apparently had no problem with threads about CWT's replacement early on in the year .... hypocrite.

Excellent point on the post game question to Allen.

Not as bad as Joey Knight asking Harlan (after the Temple win, IIRC) if Taggart was off the hot seat.  Thanks for letting him & CWT enjoy the win.  Knight sparred with fans on Twitter, but got gashed in the battle, IMO.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

You mean this from April? Speculation from, not even the middle of the season, but even before summer practice.

It's April 3rd, and I've already given up on USF Football in 2015. The Bulls were somewhat lucky to be 4-8 last year (remember: if Andre Davis gets called for a pushoff on the winning touchdown at a then-winless SMU, this is even worse), and they face a tougher schedule this season. And it's not exactly a secret that if Willie Taggart doesn't get the Bulls to a bowl game this year, we'll be paying him his $350,000 a year to not coach USF through 2017 to go with the $500,000 we're already paying Skip Holtz to coach Louisiana Tech through 2017.

I will be called a hater by those close to the program. But we've been right a helluva lot more than we've been wrong around here, and as a fact-based human I don't see a thing that gives me any hope that we'll see a turnaround this year.

http://www.voodoofive.com/2015/4/3/8314787/its-march-30th-and-ive-already-given-up-on-the-2015-usf-football

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^^  Ha!  I remember this.  That was based on the spring game, iirc.  

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

He's elevated himself to the emperor of bulls 247...things change

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/28/2015 at 11:29 AM, Raetus said:

Either Collin is insane and lives in a weird world where a man making an absurd amount of money for what he does (this goes for any coach, honestly) deeply cares about the opinions of a website with significantly less traffic per month than a 14 second video of a rat carrying a piece of pizza or Collin is correct and Coach Allen is mentally unstable and needs to be swaddled in blankets to ensure his shadow doesn't finally 'get him' after all those years of creeping up on him.

As we're talking about two grown men, I'm disturbed by whichever case is ultimately true.

I loved this too much just to upvote it. Spot on

Finally read past page 1 of the 247 article. Holy smokes, cancelling a subscription seems about as convoluted as (showing my age) cancelling AOL back in the day. I pretty much figured it would be V5 with a little more recruiting info and some USF AD jock sniffing by Colin for a nugget of 'inside info' now and then.  And it pretty much is.

I don't get the attraction to those sites. I am going to know when recruits commit exactly the same time those members are. If people in any other walk of life were as interested in 17 year old boys as they are on "Warchant" Chris Hanson would want to have a talk with them.

Edited by cambodia36
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

23 hours ago, SANJAY said:

You mean this from April? Speculation from, not even the middle of the season, but even before summer practice.

It's April 3rd, and I've already given up on USF Football in 2015. The Bulls were somewhat lucky to be 4-8 last year (remember: if Andre Davis gets called for a pushoff on the winning touchdown at a then-winless SMU, this is even worse), and they face a tougher schedule this season. And it's not exactly a secret that if Willie Taggart doesn't get the Bulls to a bowl game this year, we'll be paying him his $350,000 a year to not coach USF through 2017 to go with the $500,000 we're already paying Skip Holtz to coach Louisiana Tech through 2017.

I will be called a hater by those close to the program. But we've been right a helluva lot more than we've been wrong around here, and as a fact-based human I don't see a thing that gives me any hope that we'll see a turnaround this year.

http://www.voodoofive.com/2015/4/3/8314787/its-march-30th-and-ive-already-given-up-on-the-2015-usf-football

Someone should Tweet this to him...classic.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

23 hours ago, SANJAY said:

But we've been right a helluva lot more than we've been wrong around here, and as a fact-based human I don't see a thing that gives me any hope that we'll see a turnaround this year.

Well, VD5 was wrong about the football team this year and wrong about believing anyone would follow them to 24/7. That makes them 0 for the last 2.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

I can't blame them about the football team outlook. I mean Willie is basically still here thanks to Skip still getting checks from the program, otherwise they might have gotten rid of him after last season. Judging from the high school game crowds this season, a lot of people had already given up.

• Downvote 1