• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Mods, thanks for not being "that guy"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

His Tweets are often on point & funny, but he's definitely got an elitist attitude at times, and that wears thin on a lot of people.

I'll give him this...he's passionate about our Bulls.  Just a bit overzealous at time.

I'd sure hope players & coaches don't make life critical decisions based on some knuckleheads posting as anons on message boards.

Anon Blog Dude:  "Hey, Tom Allen, we think you're leaving, so we're guessing who'll replace you."

Coach Allen: "Well, I was GOING to say no to $3MM, and stay here for $400K, but after reading this negative stuff, I'm gone!".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have been a member there for more than four years... I liked it during the down years because it wasn't the endless whining and griping here... plus they really came through with content behind the paywall, especially on recruiting.

But the content has been lacking... and the threads have been getting worse.

I am canceling the subscription... I encourage others to do so as well.  All the good content is free anyway.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,742
  • Days Won:  17

Brad runs the best USF board on the net, if this board was like the others I'd have been blacklisted long ago.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This is the best site by far. It is my life line and I enjoy reading everyone's opinion (even the Publix stuff makes my laugh now). Seriously, Brad runs this site perfectly and the mods do an excellent job. Collin does not believe in community ownership of 247.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

TBP!  TBP!  TBP!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I post on here because I know that this site is all about Bulls and nothing more -not about making money. I don't discourage others who operate such sites.

But more than anything, I respect Brad for what he's done. He allows everybody to have an opinion. God knows, I've had my meltdown occasions, but I was never censored. And Brad and the Mods don't ever try to force their views on anybody, not that I'm aware.

But what's amazed me over the years, and I've been on here in my various handles for a long time (I still remember when the Sheriff was camping in the Sun Dome parking lot and the fight he almost had with a former coach in the same parking lot!), is that Brad has endless patience. Imagine if you had a site and it's your pride and joy and then people came and they didn't always bring happiness. In the bad times, there was so much negativity that I couldn't even take it, and I'm just a visitor. Had I owned the site, I would have shut it down. But that's why Brad is such a better Bull than I am. It's amazing how he's kept this project going for so long -and how he takes it all in stride.

Anyway, this is why I'm on here so much; it's been a part of my life so long now. And I'm glad that Brad is THAT GUY. :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

It's  different though... 247 is a recruiting site and members pay for inside recruiting information.  Collin does not provide any of that.   He thinks its still v5 and people just want to hear him pontificate.  I mean I come here to talk football but when I want to know something about recruiting I go to one of the paid sites... I mean its really is just that simple.  I still pay over at scout and rivals... but 247 I stopped after I was banned for asking "Is women's rugby really rugby" on a thread they started about the women's rugby team... which I totally didn't know we had as a club sport... He just got mad because he started the thread and I asked that jokingly.  Went into so tirade about misogynistic comments... and then cosigned and praised one today... which was as confusing to me as my constant use of ellipses. :wtf:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, JimUSFSig said:

I have been a member there for more than four years... I liked it during the down years because it wasn't the endless whining and griping here... plus they really came through with content behind the paywall, especially on recruiting.

But the content has been lacking... and the threads have been getting worse.

I am canceling the subscription... I encourage others to do so as well.  All the good content is free anyway.

Just to clarify, you're talking about 247, right, not VD5?

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just to clarify, you're talking about 247, right, not VD5?

Correct. 247.  VD5 was a blog not a forum, of course, and so there were no "memberships" there.