• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QF is THE MAN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Kid played hard, never gave up. But he's got a lot of work ahead of him

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

19 minutes ago, Bulls2k said:

Disagree....he has a great winning drive which I love but let's be honest he does not have the arm to take us to the next level.   You didn't see the difference in the WKU QB vs USF QB in throwing capability ?

WKU receivers were so wide open, I could have thrown those TD passes.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

WKU receivers were so wide open, I could have thrown those TD passes.  

100% agree on this point.  Like everyone else I saw trouble coming at some point when I saw those receivers wide open in the 1st quarter and only thing that saved us was poorly thrown passes. 

19 minutes ago, python815 said:

Brandon Doughty is also a 6th year senior vs Flowers who is a true Sophomore. Doughty pretty much didn't even play until he was a redshirt Junior which was his 4th year in the WKU system. It's hard to compare them at this point in their careers.

Easy to compare them because unfortunately we play games in the "present" instead of based on yet to be determined future skill levels.

....just stating the obvious.

Don't get me wrong....QF showed great progress this year (much much better than i ever would have predicted).....just don't think he is the final answer.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

If your a P5 team looking for a coach Do you want him???

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441

12 minutes ago, Bulls2k said:

Easy to compare them because unfortunately we play games in the "present" instead of based on yet to be determined future skill levels.

But you have to compare them where they are at in their careers because as a sophomore Doughty wasn't even good enough to be the starter at WKU and as a junior he threw less TDs and more INTs than Flowers did this year as a sophomore and that was while WKU was still playing in the Sun Belt. There was no way at that time you could have known whether he would have been a star or a dud. Just like at this point in Flowers career it's impossible to know which way he will go. Flowers could easily turn out to be the next Julmiste and be replaced as the starter or he could develop his arm and be great. It's impossible to know either way.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

2 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I think the quality of our competition has gone down a little, helping his stats. Not saying he wasn't good this year, but there are some pretty poor defenses in the AAC 

QFT

8 minutes ago, python815 said:

But you have to compare them where they are at in their careers because as a sophomore Doughty wasn't even good enough to be the starter at WKU and as a junior he threw less TDs and more INTs than Flowers did this year as a sophomore and that was while WKU was still playing in the Sun Belt. There was no way at that time you could have known whether he would have been a star or a dud. Just like at this point in Flowers career it's impossible to know which way he will go. Flowers could easily turn out to be the next Julmiste and be replaced as the starter or he could develop his arm and be great. It's impossible to know either way.

And.....I'll wager QF's arm will never become NFL quality arm.  Not saying he won't become a successful QB and I'm rooting for him but reality sucks sometimes.