• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QF is THE MAN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

He's an amazing athlete...ill give him that much.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

Bowl game was Flowers worst completion % of the season, it was also the most passes he attempted in a game all season. It was the second most rushing yards he had all season. Saying that though I loved how he didn't throw it to the other team very much all year. I know some luck is involved but he threw for 22 TDs and only 8 INTs this year while rushing for 12 more TDs. Best Grothe ever did passing was 18 TDs and 14 INTs in 2008. Grothe actually threw 14 INTs in all 3 of his full seasons. Most TDs BJ ever threw for was 14 twice. Fewest INTs he ever threw was 7 in 2011 but he only played 11 games that year. So I like what I have seen from Flowers so far with him only being a true Sophomore. Have to see if he continues to develop and take care of the ball.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, mjadams said:

He's a competitor for sure.

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

He's an amazing athlete...ill give him that much.

Agree on both. I hope he takes the off season serious. Needs work on mechanics and accuracy on short and intermediate throws.

3 minutes ago, python815 said:

Bowl game was Flowers worst completion % of the season, it was also the most passes he attempted in a game all season. It was the second most rushing yards he had all season. Saying that though I loved how he didn't throw it to the other team very much all year. I know some luck is involved but he threw for 22 TDs and only 8 INTs this year while rushing for 12 more TDs. Best Grothe ever did passing was 18 TDs and 14 INTs in 2008. Grothe actually threw 14 INTs in all 3 of his full seasons. Most TDs BJ ever threw for was 14 twice. Fewest INTs he ever threw was 7 in 2011 but he only played 11 games that year. So I like what I have seen from Flowers so far with him only being a true Sophomore. Have to see if he continues to develop and take care of the ball.

I think the quality of our competition has gone down a little, helping his stats. Not saying he wasn't good this year, but there are some pretty poor defenses in the AAC 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

I think the quality of our competition has gone down a little, helping his stats. Not saying he wasn't good this year, but there are some pretty poor defenses in the AAC 

We will see how this theory plays out in the AAC bowl games. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah but you can say that about other leagues too like the big 12 padding QB stats. So it's hard to judge.

1 minute ago, python815 said:

Yeah but you can say that about other leagues too like the big 12 padding QB stats. So it's hard to judge.

The big 12 is a joke...most games 63 to 58. we played some good offensive teams in the AAC, but most didn't have great defenses. 

3 minutes ago, HR Bull said:

We will see how this theory plays out in the AAC bowl games. 

I was just saying I think the quality of defenses we faced at the time in the big east was a little better on average than the AAC. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I was just saying I think the quality of defenses we faced at the time in the big east was a little better on average than the AAC. 

I don't think many will dispute that.