• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Punter is suspended for this game!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, NessUSF said:

But he is arguably one of out best players on the field... Plus, he is a senior... Why suspend him? For a curfew? 

I don't know what happened.  But there is missing curfew by five minutes, and then there is missing curfew by a few hours.  Maybe it was the latter.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

The punting was actually very sound and we really didn't miss a beat with absence of our starter.  Bodes well for next year.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

9 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

The punting was actually very sound and we really didn't miss a beat with absence of our starter.  Bodes well for next year.

Walk on kid did good.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, NessUSF said:

It was a curfew violation. Ciabatti was immediately sent back on a bus to USF after the incident. Emilio Nadelman will kick and punt.

Ouch... I bet Ciabatti not feeling too good after this one... 

Depends how good looking she was.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, USF_Grouper said:

I am starting to step back on the CWT bus.... (and not the same one he put Ciabatti on)

If you were referring to his bizarre 'half a play calling' technique he installed yesterday, where the offense lines up, and then Flowers looks over to the bench to get the play (presumably after the defense has revealed its formation), then I'd agree with you, but rules are rules. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Punter did very well I think. No issues there. Defense really gave it up imo. That and the refs with those couple of heinous calls. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cwt was a bit harsh and should have let him play

game was too important

• Downvote 6

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, smazza said:

cwt was a bit harsh and should have let him play

game was too important

Nope. These are the team rules. The kid (22 year old) should have known better. CWT lets one get away with it then someone even more important will do the same.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Just a few comments.  He didn't miss by "hours", more like 30 - 45 minutes AND was in touch with a coach starting at 11:00.  Tough call to make for a coach. Not going to blast him for it but it seems like with the attempt to contact the coaches he possibly could have shown some leniency.

And to burn a red shirt for a bowl game seemed a little odd and maybe unfair to the new punter (who did a decent job).  Both kickers were able to punt and one of our back up QBs was a back up punter in HS.  

I believe I had this on Saturday here http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/102242-usf-bulls-miami-beach-bowl-depth-chart/#comment-1430037

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Just a few comments.  He didn't miss by "hours", more like 30 - 45 minutes AND was in touch with a coach starting at 11:00.  Tough call to make for a coach. Not going to blast him for it but it seems like with the attempt to contact the coaches he possibly could have shown some leniency.

And to burn a red shirt for a bowl game seemed a little odd and maybe unfair to the new punter (who did a decent job).  Both kickers were able to punt and one of our back up QBs was a back up punter in HS.  

I believe I had this on Saturday here http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/102242-usf-bulls-miami-beach-bowl-depth-chart/#comment-1430037

No problem burning red shirt on a punter or kicker. They come and go and the backups almost never get a scholarship until they become a starter.