• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Punter is suspended for this game!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Just a few comments.  He didn't miss by "hours", more like 30 - 45 minutes AND was in touch with a coach starting at 11:00.  Tough call to make for a coach. Not going to blast him for it but it seems like with the attempt to contact the coaches he possibly could have shown some leniency.

And to burn a red shirt for a bowl game seemed a little odd and maybe unfair to the new punter (who did a decent job).  Both kickers were able to punt and one of our back up QBs was a back up punter in HS.  

I believe I had this on Saturday here http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/102242-usf-bulls-miami-beach-bowl-depth-chart/#comment-1430037

He knew 2 hours before curfew that he was going to be late? Doing what?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

He knew 2 hours before curfew that he was going to be late? Doing what?

Hanging out with Luke Campbell and Nevin Shapiro.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Sellular1 said:

Hanging out with Luke Campbell and Nevin Shapiro.

Then CWT made the correct call.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If he was late by less than an hour, and in contact with coaches by 11:00, AND still got suspended from the bowl as a senior, that tells me that CWT was pretty damned clear to the team that they were to be IN THEIR ROOM by curfew, no excuses. 

If you're in charge of dozens of young guys like CWT is - no excuses means no excuses.  All it takes is letting one thing slide to undermine the entire aura of authority.  Perhaps the rest of the team got a clear message that CWT means what he says, and this will be a good deterrent to those who might have a rebellious bent in the future to abide by the rules and not hurt the team. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

If he was late by less than an hour, and in contact with coaches by 11:00, AND still got suspended from the bowl as a senior, that tells me that CWT was pretty damned clear to the team that they were to be IN THEIR ROOM by curfew, no excuses. 

If you're in charge of dozens of young guys like CWT is - no excuses means no excuses.  All it takes is letting one thing slide to undermine the entire aura of authority.  Perhaps the rest of the team got a clear message that CWT means what he says, and this will be a good deterrent to those who might have a rebellious bent in the future to abide by the rules and not hurt the team. 

Yup. This should pay huge dividends for the future and it didn't hurt us one bit. The punting was solid.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

3 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

I was talking to an ex-Gator player (from the Urban days), and he said there were 2 sets of rules.  For the studs, and for the rest of the team.  Everyone knew it, and there a lot of resentment between team mates.  One set of rules show Taggart is the boss...and keep chemistry good.  Everyone knows there are top tier players on every team.  But treat the team like a team, and you won't have a bunch of individuals.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

9 hours ago, DataBull said:

Walk on kid did good.

He was my MVP if we won the game. Had some clutch kicks from deep in our territory ..... including the back of the end zone.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I have a question. Would you all take the same stand if it were Mack, Johnson or Flowers that were in the same situation?

2 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

I was talking to an ex-Gator player (from the Urban days), and he said there were 2 sets of rules.  For the studs, and for the rest of the team.  Everyone knew it, and there a lot of resentment between team mates.  One set of rules show Taggart is the boss...and keep chemistry good.  Everyone knows there are top tier players on every team.  But treat the team like a team, and you won't have a bunch of individuals.

I remember hearing this too.  And it just adds to the comedy that was the book on discipline that Meyer came out with earlier this year.

1 minute ago, snarling Bull said:

I have a question. Would you all take the same stand if it were Mack, Johnson or Flowers that were in the same situation?

Yes.  But I would have been a whole lot more disappointed with them than I would be for the punter.