• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where Are You Sitting?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

we're the home team

We're a Florida team that's expected to bring more fans

The sidelines will be what's shown on TV

We beat better teams than they did. 

So explain to me why wku should get the sidelines when they'll likely have less fans there than we do?

Not only the things you mentioned above but the AAC(American Athletic Conference ) (Our conference) owns the bowl game. (not ESPN).    One would think since our conference owns this game we would have the Prime seats.  Harlan and Judy need to speak up at the next AAC meeting about seating for this bowl game esp and all others we are affiliated with.

The way seats for bowl games are giving to the schools and fans has always been a pet peeve of mine. Until University AD'S  , Presidents and fans say enough is enough ,  the schools will continue to get the crap seats.  They (Bowl games ) stick it to the schools( schools eat tickets they don't sell) while the bowl is paying peanuts in payouts for the two teams.

The good seats go to Corp donors, sponsor's ect..  Friend works for Outback bowl and every year we got FREE tickets on the SEC side 50 yard line about 10 rows of the field.

As much as I love USF I fully understand why people buy tickets thru other sites instead of the school for bowl games.  (Factor in the expense of traveling, hotel, meals, fun ect...) Sorry if the school takes a hit, and not to sound ugly but they can absorb the hit better than the average fan.   If they want to sell more tickets than negotiate better seating with the bowls.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

From Joey: I'm also told #USF's ticket sales for @MiamiBeachBowl have reached 5,000. Best bowl turnout ever for Bulls.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

In the first Muffler Bowl...

We were the visiting team.

NCS was the North Carolina team...and brought beau coup more fans than the Bulls did.

The sidelines were what was shown on TV.

They beat better teams than we did.

So, explain why USF got better seats than NCS did.

Seating chart for that game?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

49 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

In the first Muffler Bowl...

We were the visiting team.

NCS was the North Carolina team...and brought beau coup more fans than the Bulls did.

The sidelines were what was shown on TV.

They beat better teams than we did.

So, explain why USF got better seats than NCS did when we brought far fewer fans than the Wolfpack did.

from what I recall (unless im mixing up the game vs Clemson) (being at the game and getting tickets thru USF) We were seated about the 20 yard line to endzone.(band was in center of endzone I believe).  NC State like Clemson had the opposite side of the stadium and other endzone.   I also remember pretty clearly the pep rally downtown charlotte and the MC commenting over and over how we outnumbered NC State (at the pep rally not the game)

Edited by Dhambuc
left out word

39 minutes ago, Dhambuc said:

from what I recall (unless im mixing up the game vs Clemson) (being at the game and getting tickets thru USF) We were seated about the 20 yard line to endzone.(band was in center of endzone I believe).  NC State like Clemson had the opposite side of the stadium and other endzone.   I also remember pretty clearly the pep rally downtown charlotte and the MC commenting over and over how we outnumbered NC State (at the pep rally not the game)

Bottom line is that it's highly doubtful USF got better seats and if they did, there's no way to prove it with the number of NC State fans that were all over the stadium ...

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

Did anyone else not receive their tickets? I purchased through USF and have a confirmation number.  However, I didn't receive a ups package.  I checked my account and have two seats in section 16  

Im now headed to miami and I guess I'll go to the Loews hotel hoping they can issue them. 

20 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

A friend's - a top-20 on the Wolfpack donor list - seats were not as good as the best seats allotted to USF.   The best seat locations in the stadium (mostly filled with NCS fans) were given to bowl sponsors.

So nothing really to go on but hearsay and conjecture ... The best seats allotted to the Wolfpack may have gone to the top 10 donors and have been comparable to our best seats. Doubt very seriously we would have gotten preferential treatment over an instate school like NC State.

• Topic Count:  1,032
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Days Won:  10

11 hours ago, PingBull said:

Did anyone else not receive their tickets? I purchased through USF and have a confirmation number.  However, I didn't receive a ups package.  I checked my account and have two seats in section 16  

Im now headed to miami and I guess I'll go to the Loews hotel hoping they can issue them. 

Can you print your ticket through the "Manage Tickets" option when you log into your account?

2 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Can you print your ticket through the "Manage Tickets" option when you log into your account?

Doesn't appear to be an option for the bowl tickets ...

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I'm about to post a thread on this. Details to follow.