• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Raymond James renovations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Thank goodness. The video board is so poverty. Straight out of 1998. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Guys - TSA/Bucs don't get our ticket money. We get our ticket money. There is a tax on each ticket that goes to the stadium (I think in the $1 to $2 range on paid tickets, not on students or comps). Otherwise USF gets their own ticket money. 

The article was talking about the money USF doesn't get, never got in the past and will not get in the future: such as a cut of food sold at our games, game day parking (USF does get x number of passes, which are sold as season passes and for game day working staff). 

Plus events like the Taylor Swift concert, there was approximately $700 k in profit, it get split between the Bucs and TSA, this new agreement impacts things like that. 

Thanks Mike, I didn't think any of our ticket money went to them, except for that surcharge. We pay rent and they get concession and game day parking money. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

Thank goodness. The video board is so poverty. Straight out of 1998. 

Agreed.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Guys - TSA/Bucs don't get our ticket money. We get our ticket money. There is a tax on each ticket that goes to the stadium (I think in the $1 to $2 range on paid tickets, not on students or comps). Otherwise USF gets their own ticket money. 

The article was talking about the money USF doesn't get, never got in the past and will not get in the future: such as a cut of food sold at our games, game day parking (USF does get x number of passes, which are sold as season passes and for game day working staff). 

Plus events like the Taylor Swift concert, there was approximately $700 k in profit, it get split between the Bucs and TSA, this new agreement impacts things like that. 

Thanks Mike.

So outside of ticket sales and the parking passes sold by USF, we do not make jack squat from playing at RJS.  Therefore can I assume the following statements are true?

1. If you want USF to get money instead of the greedy Glazers and the TSA, buy a USF season parking pass.  Not only is your money going to USF, but you get better parking versus general admission
  2. If you want less money to go into the greedy Glazers pockets, then buy as little concessions as possible.  Fill up on food, sodas, beer and booze before entering the stadium

This information about who makes what money from what really makes the idea of an OCS more appealing.  The whiners will whine about the cost of building one, but that logic also applies to a person deciding whether to buy a home or rent a home.  In the long run, buying a home is expensive and is not guaranteed to be profitable, but it is your home, and you can do what you want to do with your home (within legal limits).

Edited by hightechbull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

No, I think they're doing these renovations to "keep up with the Joneses."  I believe Ray Jay is about 18 years old next year and it definitely needed some upgrades, especially to the Jumbotron like slick said.  There have been so many new stadiums since Ray Jay, I think the owners are pressured to make sure it's as up to date as possible, especially for consideration in getting Super Bowls.  

Ding, ding, ding!!!

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Thanks Mike.

So outside of ticket sales and the parking passes sold by USF, we do not make jack squat from playing at RJS.  Therefore can I assume the following statements are true?

1. If you want USF to get money instead of the greedy Glazers and the TSA, buy a USF season parking pass.  Not only is your money going to USF, but you get better parking versus general admission
  2. If you want less money to go into the greedy Glazers pockets, then buy as little concessions as possible.  Fill up on food, sodas, beer and booze before entering the stadium

This information about who makes what money from what really makes the idea of an OCS more appealing.  The whiners will whine about the cost of building one, but that logic also applies to a person deciding whether to buy a home or rent a home.  In the long run, buying a home is expensive and is not guaranteed to be profitable, but it is your home, and you can do what you want to do with your home (within legal limits).

Your premise is mostly correct. There are a limit to the season parking passes that USF gets to keep the money on. It might be something like 2000 or 2500, so if 6000 people all bought season parking passes, every pass sold over the limit would be passed over to the TSA. 

There is one more stream of revenue, at least historically. Merchandise sold at the stadium. Now my information is sort of old, and this could have changed. (I ran the merchandise during the 2005 season). When we ran it in house, we had to pay 10% of all gross sales to the stadium concessionaire, who bought that right from the Bucs. So sales minus 10% stayed with USF. After me, USF turned it over to local companies, first Bulls Heaven, then the USF Bookstore. I do not know for sure, but I think it works something like this: 10% gross sales to stadium concessionaire (who paid the Bucs for that right) and 10% to Athletics, then the vendor gets to keep 80% (but has to pay for inventory and staff). Don't hold me to the numbers here, as they may have changed, but know that the merchandise on game day does benefit USF Athletics and USF Bookstore, so don't boycott them.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Thanks Mike.

The advantage of buying a home versus renting it's an asset that can be sold down the line for, hopefully, a profit.  I haven't done any research on it but I'm guessing that the resale market for on campus stadiums isn't that strong. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Are Tampa taxpayers paying for this?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

Are Tampa taxpayers paying for this?

If not directly, then indirectly. They always do. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660

RJS has to be upgraded to be in consideration for Super Bowls and the National Championship.  In fact, wasn't that one of the requirements to get the national championship.  I believe they both also require an additional 10,000 seats which are always added as a temporary solution.  It would have been smart to just add those seats permanently as a deck above the south end zone patio as part of this package.