• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Latest Bowl Projections from Campus Insiders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

ESPN seems to be in sync on the opponents for the AAC team just not sure which AAC team will be playing in them.  There must be some  back room negotiation going on.

WKU - Miami

Marhall - St Pete

Toledo - Boca Raton

Not excited about any of those.  We have everything to lose and nothing to gain with those match ups. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

Not excited about any of those.  We have everything to lose and nothing to gain with those match ups. 

what exactly do we risk losing? I'm hoping to go to any bowl in state and look forward to watching the Bulls play 1 more game this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

what exactly do we risk losing? I'm hoping to go to any bowl in state and look forward to watching the Bulls play 1 more game this year.

Supposed to win, losing will devastate, they're not worthy, yada yada yada. Same old song and dance that's been playing here for years.

Don't get me wrong, the drought is over and I am glad to be talking about a football game in December.  However, my point is that none of those teams will look like good wins on paper.  If we win, we will have been expected to win.  If we lose, it will be considered an upset.  I am was hoping for a moderate power 5 program, a name.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Don't get me wrong, the drought is over and I am glad to be talking about a football game in December.  However, my point is that none of those teams will look like good wins on paper.  If we win, we will have been expected to win.  If we lose, it will be considered an upset.  I am was hoping for a moderate power 5 program, a name.  

common pac-12 doesn't one of your teams want to play in front of Florida recruits? It's hella cold in Nor Cal right now away, so why wouldn't Cal want to come and play?

common pac-12 doesn't one of your teams want to play in front of Florida recruits? It's hella cold in Nor Cal right now away, so why wouldn't Cal want to come and play?

ESPN keeping the man down.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

WKU is 10-2 with a win over an SEC team, Marshall is 9-3 with a win over a Big 10 team, Toledo is 9-2 and beat a then ranked #18 Arkansas. All of these teams have a better record than us, so I can't say that we would be the prohibitive favorite, and therefore by losing that it would be an upset.

Edited by Soopuh Fly
omitted Toledo record

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175

If you think these bowls are about butts in seats you are missing the point. ESPN owns all but 3(?) of the bowls. ESPN sells ads and fills time slots during these bowls and the matchup for the TV viewing purposes is more important than folks buying tickets. I'm certain ESPN "advises" the AAC on who should go where. There is very little chance we go anywhere else besides the ST Pete Bowl because the local viewership will increase leading to more $ for ads. I was dead certain we were going to St Pete until someone told me that the Miami bowl was a done deal due to what they heard from the bigwigs whomever they are. In either case, note the Miami bowl is on a Monday afternoon. So if you are looking for R E S P E C T you aren't going to find it in Miami as that will probably be the least watched bowl of them all. The St Pete Bowl is the first bowl after Christmas, scheduling-wise it would be perfect for ESPN to have USF right there. It will draw local viewers in early in the day and keep them transfixed to the bowl games all day long. Honestly, I will be very surprised if we go anywhere else.

Another point is why does everyone think we deserve a P5 team? We are GOF just like Marshall, Western Kentucky, and the other teams this board is insulting by thinking we are too good to play them and it'll be a blowout. Seriously? A blowout? Aren't we a 1/2 season removed from fire Taggart, we can't win 6, I'll walk from TT to Lithia if we win 7 kind of talk?

At this point, we deserve a bowl, somewhere. That is all. We don't deserve a P5 team, and we certainly don't get to expect a blowout.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21