• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You HAVE to GO to the Bowl Game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

they're thinking about me. :-)

Anche io, anche io.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The announcement is coming soon and my gut tells me it's Miami. There was a lot of conversation at a Bulls Club event before the Kentucky game and that was all the talk if we didn't win the AAC so that is the way I'm leaning (I'm easily persuaded). With that it has been 5 years since we last went to a Bowl Game so there has been plenty of time to plan and save. Regardless of St Pete or Miami this team not only needs you there they DESERVE for you to be there with a stadium packed full of Bulls fans! It's easy to not go but it has been so long that we need to throw the excuses away, change your plans and get to the game!!!

I'm just as happy as the next Bull, but if Athletics thinks that our fan base is going to travel "well" to one of , if not the lowest ranked bowl games in all of College Football, that is also played on Monday at 2PM, and is five days before Christmas then they are crazy. I get that Athletics chose this game for recruitment and all vs. taking a glorified field trip across the bay to the St. Pete Bowl, or going back to Orlando where USF is hated by a good % of the local UCF-tards, I get all of that. This bowl will be great for the team and the players... also luckily for Athletics we have a ton of Bulls in the Miami-Dade-Broward region so those alum's and fans in the area will get a treat.

I would be at this game if I could make it, but with it being five days before Christmas and four days before Christmas Eve, I couldn't get off of work to go to this game if I begged, stole, and borrowed, and I work at USF. Like many I'll be listening to this game on internet radio from my office. I made reservations to St. Pete and Orlando in the event we went to those games.

Given the reputation of this game, I just hope that USF isn't required to purchase the same amount of tickets to the Miami Beach Bowl that it would had been required to purchase to St. Pete or Orlando from a financial stand point.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I'm just as happy as the next Bull, but if Athletics thinks that our fan base is going to travel "well" to one of , if not the lowest ranked bowl games in all of College Football, that is also played on Monday at 2PM, and is five days before Christmas then they are crazy. I get that Athletics chose this game for recruitment and all vs. taking a glorified field trip across the bay to the St. Pete Bowl, or going back to Orlando where USF is hated by a good % of the local UCF-tards, I get all of that. This bowl will be great for the team and the players... also luckily for Athletics we have a ton of Bulls in the Miami-Dade-Broward region so those alum's and fans in the area will get a treat.

I would be at this game if I could make it, but with it being five days before Christmas and four days before Christmas Eve, I couldn't get off of work to go to this game if I begged, stole, and borrowed, and I work at USF. Like many I'll be listening to this game on internet radio from my office. I made reservations to St. Pete and Orlando in the event we went to those games.

Given the reputation of this game, I just hope that USF isn't required to purchase the same amount of tickets to the Miami Beach Bowl that it would had been required to purchase to St. Pete or Orlando from a financial stand point.

Take a sick day...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

LOL at people complaining about USF's first bowl game in a 1/2 decade. (It's at 2pm on Monday! Wahhhhh! Right before Christmas? OMG) What are ANY of you doing right before Christmas? The answer is nothing. Most bowl games are on WEEKDAYS, I know it's been awhile since you've had to pay attention to them, but that's how it works.This one is a short drive from where you live. 

Bang in sick, take a vacation day. Head out on Friday night and spend a couple days enjoying South Beach, then leave Monday after the game...you'll be back home by 1030pm. Everyone wanted this so badly, and now that we have it, people are being picky about it. It's embarrassing.  

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Take a sick day...

Like many, if I did that on Christmas week when my employer (USF) is counting on me to show up to man the phones and keep the lights on, then I would be taking a permanent sick day. You would think that since we are going to a bowl game that USF would bend on this rule a bit, but no such luck despite the fact that the campus will be a ghost town.

If USF is being a stickler about people calling out "sick" on Christmas week to attend a bowl game, then I can only image how bad corporations are.

Have a few beers for me...

200.gif

Edited by Dixie Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

How about we stop attacking other Bulls fans for whether or not they can or can't make it. :icon_drink:

I'm willing to take the day off myself, but it's a matter of finding friends willing to do the same. My normal USF crew has a lot going on that week, so I'm trying to find less-enthusiastic friends to make a trip out of.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Like many, if I did that on Christmas week when my employer (USF) is counting on me to show up to man the phones and keep the lights on, then I would be taking a permanent sick day. You would think that since we are going to a bowl game that USF would bend on this rule a bit, but no such luck despite the fact that the campus will be a ghost town.

If USF is being a stickler about people calling out "sick" on Christmas week to attend a bowl game, then I can only image how bad corporations are.

Have a few beers for me...

200.gif

Call forwarding. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

How about we stop attacking other Bulls fans for whether or not they can or can't make it. :icon_drink:

I'm willing to take the day off myself, but it's a matter of finding friends willing to do the same. My normal USF crew has a lot going on that week, so I'm trying to find less-enthusiastic friends to make a trip out of.

Not attacking anyone if that was aimed at me. Most companies I've ever known are the day before and the day after the holiday, not the whole week. And I know for a fact that that's NOT the rule for all USF employees.

Any way. I think there will be buses going down.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I work for a healthcare company that has a corporate shutdown beginning on 12/23 and returning to work on 1/4.

I used 2 vacation days for 12/21 and 12/22 anticipating a probable bowl game.

We're going down on Sunday and coming back Tuesday.

The time and day of this bowl sucks but I do get to see the Bulls play another game so we're all in.

Go Bulls!!