• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You HAVE to GO to the Bowl Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Will we lose money if we bring only minimal fans? I'm expecting that only the wealthy retired hardcore Bulls fans will be able to make this one...probably about 1,500. WKU might bring 1,000 to make it 2,500 people in that massive stadium.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,809
  • Days Won:  22

It's not a massive stadium. It's the Marlins baseball stadium and they only seat on one side and the end zones. Maybe 30k Max It's a made for tv event with cameras facing the main stands. Students will be out of school athletics should work to get those from area to the game

Edited by Cubanbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

Will we lose money if we bring only minimal fans? I'm expecting that only the wealthy retired hardcore Bulls fans will be able to make this one...probably about 1,500. WKU might bring 1,000 to make it 2,500 people in that massive stadium.

I requested the time off already. I'll be there. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,030
  • Content Count:  7,491
  • Days Won:  10

Will we loswho ree money if we bring only minimal fans? I'm expecting that only the wealthy retired hardcore Bulls fans will be able to make this one...probably about 1,500. WKU might bring 1,000 to make it 2,500 people in that massive stadium.

For those who remember the Papa John's Bowl, they put everyone on the visitor's side to make it look full for tv.

For those who remember the Papa John's Bowl, they put everyone on the visitor's side to make it look full for tv.

but much smaller and nicer lol

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm not wealthy or retired. But Jupiter is only 90 minutes away, so I'll be there.  Wish it was a night game, but hopefully we'll keep improving & getting better bowls.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

This is a pretty good site, for those who want to look at options.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/college-football-bowl-schedule.php

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Meh, the opponent will be crap and it's in Miami. I mean if we were playing a bowling green type team at home 15 minutes away I would probably go but i''m not traveling to Miami Christmas week to watch what will most likely be a glorified spring game. This type of game is a lose/lose for us...if we win, nobody cares and if we lose, it takes the air out of our sails tremendously. If we are in Miami against a no name team I expect around 1,000-3,000 Bulls fans to show up on a Monday down there.

this is the exact type of attitude that drives me crazy! The Buls are in a Bowl Game! Go to the Game!! Take a day off work and go to the game! You don't have to be rich or retired. You take a day off work (which you should have planned on doing for a bowl game anyways). $40 for a ticket $50 in gas and the trip can be done for under $150 including food. Those making these types of excuses are just that EXCUSES. It shows a real lack of having the right mentality about SUPPORTING your team. Look if you can't go and the reason is legit then ok no judgement from me. But the reasons you list are terrible for a team that has shown they DESERVE for their fans to be there. 

Edited by jjlovecub

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

I'll be at any bowl my Bulls are in, regardless the opponent or venue.  We need a strong showing to let everyone that we are a vibrant program. 

We're with Ricky on this one.

And no, not close to wealthy or retired. But, we are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to go to a bowl game anywhere, any time, against any body.

GO BULLS!

Agree 2:30 0m game in Miami means you can drive up and drive down same day if needed. I did that from Miami when we went to ST Pete Bowl. If fans don't show then don't complain that we get crappy bowls vs crappy teams because it's what we deserve if only 1500 make it.