• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rank your top FIVE all time best USF football teams

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

Rank your top FIVE USF Football Teams by year. -- Feel free to rank them however you want (by record, favorite teams to watch, ones that meant the most to you-- this is all highly subjective and no one is wrong (well some are but we'll give them a pass this round).

For me-- I base it on most fun to watch and the teams I felt did the most with what they had at the time....

1. 2007  - our best season in terms of overall impact on the college football world - great wins and tons of players you really cared about
  2. 2002  - our first real impact season in 1-A ball, had CUSA not left our entry to conference play in the lurch, we would have won that year- DOMINATING Defense, explosive Offense - we could not be beat at home and they knew it - so many interesting players on that team that many of us saw from their freshman year on.
  3. 1999 - ranked all year long but the powers that be held us out of the 1-AA playoffs because we weren't in one of their precious conferences (total BS)- also eye-opening as to how political 1-AA was and what we were about to witness in 1-A  - some amazing games albeit at the lower level, where we dominated most teams we played. Also humbling to see what a mediocre 1-A team could do to us. It was great seeing anyone mention our team at this point.
  4. 2008 - after the excitement/agony of 2007, most of us were expecting great things from this team. It started out pretty good with a last second win over Kansas at home-- and the crowds were incredible. But we failed to win when it really mattered. This one stays high on my list because it was so much fun to be around the team during this time.
  5. TIE - 2006 & 2015 - cracking my top 5 is not easy but this team is proving it will belong here as much as our first bowl winning team ever. The similarities are there--- solid defense, great running game (Hall vs Mack), up and coming passing game (Grothe vs Flowers) and some awesome football that keeps you interested. I certainly hope we see this team progress like we saw after 2006.

Anyway- that is my shot at it--- probably not the best timing to put this up. With each win-- this team can keep moving up my table-- beat Cinci, UCF, & the bowl opponent and I would put this team into the third position. But again-- put yours in order of where they are currently in your mind.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

Rank your top FIVE USF Football Teams by year. -- Feel free to rank them however you want (by record, favorite teams to watch, ones that meant the most to you-- this is all highly subjective and no one is wrong (well some are but we'll give them a pass this round).

For me-- I base it on most fun to watch and the teams I felt did the most with what they had at the time....

1. 2007  - our best season in terms of overall impact on the college football world - great wins and tons of players you really cared about
  2. 2002  - our first real impact season in 1-A ball, had CUSA not left our entry to conference play in the lurch, we would have won that year- DOMINATING Defense, explosive Offense - we could not be beat at home and they knew it - so many interesting players on that team that many of us saw from their freshman year on.
  3. 1999 - ranked all year long but the powers that be held us out of the 1-AA playoffs because we weren't in one of their precious conferences (total BS)- also eye-opening as to how political 1-AA was and what we were about to witness in 1-A  - some amazing games albeit at the lower level, where we dominated most teams we played. Also humbling to see what a mediocre 1-A team could do to us. It was great seeing anyone mention our team at this point.
  4. 2008 - after the excitement/agony of 2007, most of us were expecting great things from this team. It started out pretty good with a last second win over Kansas at home-- and the crowds were incredible. But we failed to win when it really mattered. This one stays high on my list because it was so much fun to be around the team during this time.
  5. TIE - 2006 & 2015 - cracking my top 5 is not easy but this team is proving it will belong here as much as our first bowl winning team ever. The similarities are there--- solid defense, great running game (Hall vs Mack), up and coming passing game (Grothe vs Flowers) and some awesome football that keeps you interested. I certainly hope we see this team progress like we saw after 2006.

Anyway- that is my shot at it--- probably not the best timing to put this up. With each win-- this team can keep moving up my table-- beat Cinci, UCF, & the bowl opponent and I would put this team into the third position. But again-- put yours in order of where they are currently in your mind.

I  think everyone is stunned around here.   It happened after we reached #2.  All the message boards went dark.   It was like there was nothing to complain about.

As for your list.  Can't argue with the 5 you have in there but I would change the order. 

2002 - We were deadly at home and such a fun team to watch.   

1999 - I loved the AA days.  We got jobbed and should have been allowed to play in the playoffs.   

2015 - we have wandered in the desert for a number of years, I would even argue it was probably good for our fan base but this team has crawled out of the dumpster and is more complete then just about any team we've had. I'm rating it this high because it's a redemption story and to me the narrative is almost as important as the wins and losses.

2007 - I'll admit some you around here have gotten me to rethink this season. Reaching such heights and then  falling flat on our faces it felt like getting dumped by a really hot girlfriend at the time but, to continue the analogy, it was a really f****** good ride.

2008 - we were big time.   We had big sold out games and we won a lot of them. It was a great time to be a Bull it's just too bad we didn't really accomplish anything. Still a lot of fun.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

2002 was it for me. That team should have gone to Hawaii to get the all elusive 10 win season but never got their fair shot.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I like your list. If we win Thursday I would move this year to 3rd on the list and bump the others down. If we get a little luck in other games like Memphis today could move up from there. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

It's possible this could be our best team they didn't start like it but right now we look like best we ever had. 

Will know more in a few more games.

After Ecu game team has clicked into a gear I haven't seen.  Starts with Flowers seeing the field much better.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

after last game, I have to jump this team up to #3 on my list

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

I can't really argue with MikeD's list. I mean maybe I'd flip a team or 2 in the middle but that's fairly dead on. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Agree with the list, but for me, you gotta throw '97 in there at maybe #5-A.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

I'll have to wait until the season over because this team has a chance to be my #1.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

2016 USF season will be the best ever

You heard it here first