• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rank your top FIVE all time best USF football teams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

2016 USF season will be the best ever

You heard it here first

I already heard it in my own brain.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Assuming a beatdown this Thursday night of the gnats, 2015 is the anti-CJL team.  Start slow and finish strong, not the other way around.  Finishing this way says a lot about depth and player development.  Under CJL, we came out early in the year with our hair on fire and roared out of the gates.  And then after a couple of injuries, etc, we couldn't overcome it with the lack of quality depth.

For the first time in a while, you can see quality depth on this team.

Very much looking forward to the next few years!

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

I already heard it in my own brain.

Are you sure that was you?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

Are you sure that was you?

Hmm...  Good point!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

Assuming a beatdown this Thursday night of the gnats, 2015 is the anti-CJL team.  Start slow and finish strong, not the other way around.  Finishing this way says a lot about depth and player development.  Under CJL, we came out early in the year with our hair on fire and roared out of the gates.  And then after a couple of injuries, etc, we couldn't overcome it with the lack of quality depth.

For the first time in a while, you can see quality depth on this team.

Very much looking forward to the next few years!

why do you consistently need to bash CJL? The guy never did anything but bust his arse for this program and you never have a kind word to say about him (at least that you share in your posts). It is always CJL sucked at this or that- never a kind thing about him or the teams he coached.

Let it go already and look back at those years for what they were-- FUN and exciting with some great players and even coaches. Leavitt built this house, can we stop complaining that he used shag carpet when you wanted wood flooring?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

why do you consistently need to bash CJL? The guy never did anything but bust his arse for this program and you never have a kind word to say about him (at least that you share in your posts). It is always CJL sucked at this or that- never a kind thing about him or the teams he coached.

Let it go already and look back at those years for what they were-- FUN and exciting with some great players and even coaches. Leavitt built this house, can we stop complaining that he used shag carpet when you wanted wood flooring?

nothing he said in that post was false.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I like the list as well but would include the First team to wear the Green and Gold. The first players who ran on to the field (old stadium) and put up 80  points in our first game. Beating Kentucky Wesleyan 80-3.  (Was there and have been here ever since)

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Lighten up Frances.  I've never trashed CJL.  Did I think he had some shortcomings sure.  By I give him all the credit in the world for building this from nothing.  You must have me confused with someone else buddy.  What I said was accurate.  Did we not start out strong under CJL and fizzle towards the end of the year??  Huh.  It was just an observation and my reason for it is supported by plenty on this board.  It was recruiting.  During our climb in the CFB world from FCS to indy to conf usa to big east, our recruiting and depth never caught up.  That wasn't a slam on CJL.  He was doing the best he could.

Time to get back to the toga party, hey.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'll play...

2007 - it was just a feeling, I still get chills when I think about that game at Auburn or the home game against WVU

2015 - this team is fun to watch. QF is a gamer, and I feel like when Grothe was back there, even when the chips are down, kid has a little magic in him.

2002 - my senior year, so, I am partial here.

2008 - thought this was going to be the year, fun year, but, not too much success

2005 - Fun watching Andre Hall carry the team the way he did. It was a 1-man show on offense, everyone knew he was it, yet, no one could really stop him. (first Bowl too)

For all of those, the season I feel was the most lost was 2009 when Grothe went down. That team could have been very special I think with Selvie and JPP on defense. IMHO, BJD wasn't ready yet, Grothe could have had a monster year, Leavitt probably wouldn't have been fired, and the complete story of USF Football would be totally different (maybe sitting the the Big12 right now?). So, even with the Bowl win and winning season, I put 2009 at the bottom of the list for all of the damage done during that season.

No I am depressed, going back to the bourbon thread...

Edited by Orlando Bull

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

If this team is able to go over 100 points on the Gnats, they will be my #1 team of all time!