• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cincy is better than Temple, Don't Sleep on Them

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

I beg to differ that Cincy is better than Temple.  Their head to head indicates otherwise. Their Overall record also indicates otherwise. SOS also indicates otherwise.  Cincy hasn't beaten any good teams this year. The only win I could find against a team with a winning record was MIAMI and they suck big time.  

I agree cant sleep on them, and I don't think we will.   I also think our defense is built for teams like Cincy so that plays well for us as well. Our offense is clicking now as well.

I agree with you on your comment about our defense being built for this offense -- and we did well against Memphis and ECU, but I'm still really worried about how we matchup defensively against Cincy's offense from a personnel perspective. Cincy has good, fast receivers and a great QB with a laser guided rocket arm. We've been exposed a few times with our zone coverage... the key is going to be the D-Line. If they manhandle the trenches like we did against Temple, I see how this game could be a blowout.

On the other hand, I like the way our offense matches up against Cincy's defense, we'll score some points in this game as long as we execute like I know we can.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

lol

Cincinnati's defense couldn't punch a hole in a wet paper bag. We may lose but it won't be because of the Bearcat defense if we play smart. Again this defense is crafted to stop teams like Cincinnati. We show up we have a solid chance to win.

eexactly... And we have them at home.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,011
  • Days Won:  38

eexactly... And we have them at home.

We SHOULD be able to take care of business, but all I am saying is don't sleep on a team that can score.  I think our defense is legit and will hopefully rough them up.  We need to be sharp and not turn the ball over.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think the guys will look past Cincy even though we ucf next. We can not afford dumb penalties that give cincy first downs after we get a stop on third down. Our coverage will need to be a lot better as they can return kicks and our kicker struggles to kick it to the 5. Offensively we need to have a few long drives that take some clock so our d can be well rested when cincy has the ball 

• Upvote 1

If we can pull off this win I am totally glued to the set for a Memphis and Temple matchup.  :GoBulls:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

I don't see the problem with having some swagger for this game.  We need to pick up where we left off on Saturday - but against a more vulnerable defense.

As for their offense, it will be a challenge but our defense is really quite good.  

It should be a good game and I expect to lose my voice again.  

Guys, the regular season is over in 10 days - wow.

Edited by mark_my_words

There's no problem with swagger if you are prepared.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

The zone is great until you get no pressure.  We got exposed at Maryland.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

We SHOULD be able to take care of business, but all I am saying is don't sleep on a team that can score.  I think our defense is legit and will hopefully rough them up.  We need to be sharp and not turn the ball over.

i feel you.  It just seems our defense keeps scoring  offenses in check lately... Really all season... But now with our offense getting better every week, this may be the best defense Cincy has seen.  It seems lije ee are peaking while other teams have pretty much become who they are.  We are playing really good right now.  I dont think out guys will take them lightly at all.  I think our guys smell blood in the water and they believe they can beat anyone now.  When belief meets talent, confidence, and understanding of the system... I still dont think we have seen this team play its best game.  That's why Im not overly confident but I am not as worried about Cincy as I was Temple because of what Temple runs... 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  2

We said the same thing about Memphis' explosive offense and look at what happened.. we held them to their season low in points. Unless this team is still hungover from Temple we should be able to win