• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can Houston make it to the playoffs? Yup I am back with another "what if?"!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

I got laughed at when I made my post about Memphis  going to the playoffs, so now I shall add some more meat to my “what if” scenario for an AAC school going to the playoffs. Ironic how Houston is in that #13 spot Memphis was in. So let’s go back to this discussion except with Houston in the driver’s seat. Now, I will eliminate Clemson, Ohio State and Alabama from this discussion b/c I feel they will win out. The Pac 12, eliminated their whole conference, so now there is a huge opening for that final playoff spot. The next 9 spots ahead of Houston all play each other so at least 4 or 5 of them is guaranteed a loss. There are several situations in which most of these teams can get 2 or 3 losses to end the season. I won’t break down every scenario, but simply list what is ahead for each team. I didn’t even count the loss 5 of these schools will face during their conference Championship game. Anyways, I know it’s a long shot, but hell, that's what makes college football awesome. Like I said earlier, USF fell into the #2 spot one time, so let’s see if Houston can sneak into the playoffs and represent for the AAC. Ok, let me me have it. Tell me why I need to lay off the pipe or back up my AAC going into the playoffs scenario. At his point we had 4 ranked teams, now it's time for the AAC to get into the playoffs.,,,well it would be nice. 

4             Oklahoma St – Baylor and Oklahoma – Chance to lose both

5             Notre Dame – BC and Stanford– Chance to lose both and 1 might take them out of it

6             Iowa – Purdue and Nebraska - Chance to lose both and 1 might take them out of it

7             Oklahoma – TCU and Oklahoma State – Chance to lose both

8             Florida - I love USF and the AAC, but I'm a Gator first, I hope the football Gods gets them in the playoff's lol but for my argument - FAU and FSU is our last 2 games - We might lose to FSU, this                 game can go either way. This is our UCF.

9             Mich State – Ohio State and PSU – Ohio State will eliminate them

10           Baylor – Oklahoma State, Texas, and TCU – Hell they still have 2, possibly three losses here. If they win all three then they deserve a playoff spot.

11           TCU - Oklahoma and Baylor

12           North Carolina - VT and NCST - Maaaan, the rest of their schedule is easy. I really don’t see them losing any more games until the AAC Championship. Those two factors should help us trump them

13           Houston – UConn and Navy and AAC Championship game against hopefully a still ranked Memphis in which they probably will win again.

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I got laughed at when I made my post about Memphis  going to the playoffs, so now I shall add some more meat to my “what if” scenario for an AAC school going to the playoffs. Ironic how Houston is in that #13 spot Memphis was in, so let’s go back to this discussion except with Houston in the driver’s seat. Now, I will eliminate Clemson, Ohio State and Alabama from this discussion b/c I feel they will win out. The Pac 12, eliminated their whole conference, so now there is a hug opening in the running for that final playoff spot. The teams the next 9 spots ahead of Houston all play each other so at least 4 or 5 of them is guaranteed a loss. There are several situations in which most of these teams can get 2 or 3 losses to end the season. I won’t break down every scenario, but simply list what is ahead for each team. I didn’t even count the loss 5 of these schools will face during their conference Championship game. Anyways, I know it’s a long shot, but hell, that what makes college football awesome. Like I said earlier, USF fell into the #2 spot one time, so let’s see if Houston can sneak into the playoffs and represent for the AAC. Ok, let me me have it. Tell me why I need to lay off the pipe or back up my AAC going into the playoffs scenario. At his point we had 4 ranked teams, now it's time for the AAC to get into the playoffs.,,,well it would be nice. 

4             Oklahoma St – Baylor and Oklahoma – Chance to lose both

5             Notre Dame – BC and Stanford– Chance to lose both and 1 might take them out of it

6             Iowa – Purdue and Nebraska - Chance to lose both and 1 might take them out of it

7             Oklahoma – TCU and Oklahoma State – Chance to lose both

8             Florida - I love USF and the AAC, but I'm a Gator first, I hope the football Gods gets them in the playoff's lol but for my argument - FAU and FSU is our last 2 games - We might lose to FSU, this                 game can go either way. This is our UCF.

9             Mich State – Ohio State and PSU – Ohio State will eliminate them

10           Baylor – Oklahoma State, Texas, and TCU – Hell they still have 2, possibly three losses here. If they win all three then they deserve a playoff spot.

11           TCU - Oklahoma and Baylor

12           North Carolina - VT and NCST - Maaaan, the rest of their schedule is easy. I really don’t see them losing any more games until the AAC Championship. Those two factors should help us trump them

13           Houston – UConn and Navy and AAC Championship game against hopefully a still ranked Memphis in which they probably will win again.

How can Houston make it to the playoffs when USF beats them in the AAC Championship game? 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

I thought the playoff committee didn't release their results until Tuesday nite.  How did you get this insider information?

Doesn't matter. Houston's going to lose  to us in the CCG ...

LOL let's just say we win out, but not make it to the AAC Championship game. 

Houston can't play Memphis in the AAC CG -- they are in the same division... Houston, if they beat Navy, will play Temple or USF (or a slim chance for Cincy or U Conn).

But I don't think Houston will get there unless the P5 and Notre Dame teams get 2 losses.. and even then they will need A LOT OF HELP

SEC -- Alabama wins out and beats Florida BIG in the SEC Championship... Alabama is in... (also FSU beats Florida)

BIG 12 - Okie State wins out... Baylor beats TCU... Okie State would be in

ACC - Clemson wins out and beats UNC... UNC loses to either Va Tech or NC State... Clemson would be in

That leaves ONE SPOT...

BIG TEN - Michigan State and Michigan both beat Ohio State... Iowa loses to Nebraska, beats Michigan State...

PAC 12 - Out. Even if Stanford beats Notre Dame

NOTRE DAME - Needs to lose a game

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Irrelevant, we are going to kick their ass in the ccg! :GoBulls:

• Upvote 1

I can't lie I love the spirit of those who say USF will win the CCG. I like that scenario as well. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Stay bipolar, Bullspen. :FIREdevil:

I can't imagine how UN-entertaining this board would be if it wasn't.  :D