• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can Houston make it to the playoffs? Yup I am back with another "what if?"!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

Houston is 13 in the ap and coaches poll but they will be 20 or so in the CFP poll....No chance since they have a wesk schedule due to the AAC bias

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Houston is 13 in the ap and coaches poll but they will be 20 or so in the CFP poll....No chance since they have a wesk schedule due to the AAC bias

I don't know if they'll be that low but one thing is certain, in the days of the BCS, computers contributed 1/3 of the vote.  In today's committee setting, 12 crusty old farts determine who gets to the playoffs and I can promise you that none of them want a G5 team in the playoffs.  That would mean at least 2 P5 conferences are left out and no way that happens.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I don't know if they'll be that low but one thing is certain, in the days of the BCS, computers contributed 1/3 of the vote.  In today's committee setting, 12 crusty old farts determine who gets to the playoffs and I can promise you that none of them want a G5 team in the playoffs.  That would mean at least 2 P5 conferences are left out and no way that happens.

This.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Casn they, yes.

Will they, No.

Moving on.

I would disagree... letting a G5 team into the CFP further reinforces the "every team has a chance" mantra... AND ... AND ... it could keep the "expand to 8" people at bay.

So I would say never say never... remember, the CFP committee started Memphis at #13 -- it's the Tigers' fault they could not win and keep going.  If Memphis had won the past two games, they would be in the top 10 this week... and there are more teams beating up on each other.

I don't think Houston can jump far enough fast enough -- they will be a Top 15 team this week, but too many good teams ahead of them.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

I would disagree... letting a G5 team into the CFP further reinforces the "every team has a chance" mantra... AND ... AND ... it could keep the "expand to 8" people at bay.
So I would say never say never... remember, the CFP committee started Memphis at #13 -- it's the Tigers' fault they could not win and keep going.  If Memphis had won the past two games, they would be in the top 10 this week... and there are more teams beating up on each other.

I don't think Houston can jump far enough fast enough -- they will be a Top 15 team this week, but too many good teams ahead of them.

berTTBjWt7-4.png

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Even if Houston finishes undefeated they have no quality wins outside of the AAC and that will doom them. Vanderbilt doesn't cut the mustard. Memphis had a long shot because they beat Ole Miss but that was it. If a G5 school ever gets into the playoffs (don't hold your breath) they will need to win 3 OOC games against P5 schools and at least one of them has to be ranked. Then, maybe, they get into the playoffs as the number 4 seed.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

They only way an undefeated Houston would even have a shot is if every conference champ plus Notre Dame have two losses.  Then they might sneak in over the ACC, Big 12, or PAC12 champ.  The BigTen and the SEC will be in it pretty much no matter what.

• Upvote 1