• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta be good to go bowling: 3 chances to prove it

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

no need to worry. This UCF team has no pride and is charmin soft. Can't wait for the new HBC to process a few of these guys off the roster

Please stop the ******** .... You know **** well that the players will treat our game different than any in the last half of your season.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

"Have" to beat them? It would be nice to beat them but UCF is the "have" to game on the schedule. 

6 wins makes you bowl eligible, doesn't automatically get you an invite.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 wins makes you bowl eligible, doesn't automatically get you an invite

Wrong! This year 6 wins are we are in. AAC has seven bowl tie ins with four of those are in Florida. We will be in St. Pete, Boca, Miami, or Orlando. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

You don't have to be good to go bowling, you have to be mediocre.

mediocre > the last 4 seasons

It's been a long while since we were mediocre.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

We have lost two games where we all pretty much agree could of been winnable. Memphis, when CWT refused to throw the ball and just ran Mack into the line all game. Navy, when Allen refused to load the box against a triple option team.

Someone said it already but I will repeat it. That's the life on an average team. Which at this point we all hope will lead to us being a good team again.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I'm glad that we play Cinci and Temple at home.

I agree 100% on this.  Now enough butts in seats will surely make a difference with home field advantage.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Why do people keep moving the goal posts?

My goal for this team was AT LEAST a bowl this season.  6 wins (assuming an invite, which is virtually a lock) accomplishes that goal.  I really don't care how we get those 6 wins.

We're building a team.  Next year we should do better than 6 wins.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

We have a real shot at finishing 6-6 or even 7-5 before going to a bowl and possibly winning there. Yet everyone is still in meltdown mode? Anyone who said we would end the season 8-5 or 7-6 this year a few months ago were told they were crazy. 

We are not perfect
Our coach is not perfect

But you know what we have 2 more home games and an Orlando game we can be thankful for still ahead of us. Lets finish strong. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Why do people keep moving the goal posts?

My goal for this team was AT LEAST a bowl this season.  6 wins (assuming an invite, which is virtually a lock) accomplishes that goal.  I really don't care how we get those 6 wins.

We're building a team.  Next year we should do better than 6 wins.

all this talk about 6 wins being a "virtual lock" drives me crazy.  We very easily could have lost to ECU.  Temple is a great team and Cincinatti lost by 3 to undefeated Houston.  Also, don't kid yourself that UCF won't play us like it's their Super Bowl.  

We are not a good team, we're getting better but still have a ton of work left to do.  

EDIT:  apologies on the virtual lock quote, just read the post again and I think you meant 6 wins is a lock for a bowl game, not that us winning 6 games is a lock. 

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

all this talk about 6 wins being a "virtual lock" drives me crazy.  We very easily could have lost to ECU.  Temple is a great team and Cincinatti lost by 3 to undefeated Houston.  Also, don't kid yourself that UCF won't play us like it's their Super Bowl.  

We are not a good team, we're getting better but still have a ton of work left to do.  

EDIT:  apologies on the virtual lock quote, just read the post again and I think you meant 6 wins is a lock for a bowl game, not that us winning 6 games is a lock. 

No problem.  I know Central will play us hard but I can't imagine they're not playing equally hard every week just to avoid the humiliation of a second winless season... and still losing.