• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta be good to go bowling: 3 chances to prove it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

We have a real shot at finishing 6-6 or even 7-5 before going to a bowl and possibly winning there. Yet everyone is still in meltdown mode? Anyone who said we would end the season 8-5 or 7-6 this year a few months ago were told they were crazy. 

We are not perfect
Our coach is not perfect

But you know what we have 2 more home games and an Orlando game we can be thankful for still ahead of us. Lets finish strong. 

Yes... But I predicted we'd win 9 games so I'm in a bit of a situation.  I need us to win out.. and yes... people did call me crazy, too. Said I was sipping on that Kool aid... :icon_drink: :GoBulls:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  1

A lot of people on here, myself included, thought 5 wins was the ceiling for this team. The idea that they have 3 chances to pickup a 6th win and go bowling is awesome. Taggart has done a great job recruiting, and if he can continue to win a few games each year, it will only get better. A bowl game would be another step in the right direction. 

I'm really excited about the team's development and having quite a few guys return next year. It's going to be a long offseason, especially if it's not shortened a little bit by a trip to a bowl game. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Not for nothing, but, Cincy beat Miami, not Miami (OH), it was the U. Before their best LB went out, and with Kaaya at full strength... of course, that was in the Golden Era, so, not a huge difference.

I think Temple is winnable, I worry about Cincy because I am not sure that we have faced that kind of passing attack... Maybe Memphis and with more aggressive offensive playcalling, we should have won that one, so...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Let's knock it out on Saturday then we won't need to worry about it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

Not for nothing, but, Cincy beat Miami, not Miami (OH), it was the U. Before their best LB went out, and with Kaaya at full strength... of course, that was in the Golden Era, so, not a huge difference.

I think Temple is winnable, I worry about Cincy because I am not sure that we have faced that kind of passing attack... Maybe Memphis and with more aggressive offensive playcalling, we should have won that one, so...

They beat both Miami's (including Miami(OH)).  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

They beat both Miami's (including Miami(OH)).  

they beat the U by 11 and the RedHawks by 4. 

The key to Cincy is getting in Kiel's face and rattling him early.That kid can be scary good sometimes. But let's take care of the owlettes before worrying about the bearscats 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Miami isn't all that hot this year. They are average at best. 

Yes... But I predicted we'd win 9 games so I'm in a bit of a situation.  I need us to win out.. and yes... people did call me crazy, too. Said I was sipping on that Kool aid... :icon_drink: :GoBulls:

Possible, but not probable. You are more likely to get to your 9 win prediction with a regular season loss and a bowl win. You are not out of it yet hang in there. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433

Possible, but not probable. You are more likely to get to your 9 win prediction with a regular season loss and a bowl win. You are not out of it yet hang in there. 

I think you may be mis-counting.  We have 5 wins and 3 games left, plus a bowl, and we'd need all of them to get to 9 (unless we also make it to the conference championship game.)

It's mathematically possible to get to 9 wins with a regular season loss, but it's less likely than winning out. Temple would have to lose to us, Memphis, and UConn, we'd have to back into the ccg and win it, then we'd have to win the bowl game.

Of course, I'm an optimist. I say let's win out, hope temple loses to Memphis, win the ccg, and win a bowl game to finally get to that elusive 10-win season.  Dreaming, but it's still technically possible.

I think you may be mis-counting.  We have 5 wins and 3 games left, plus a bowl, and we'd need all of them to get to 9 (unless we also make it to the conference championship game.)

It's mathematically possible to get to 9 wins with a regular season loss, but it's less likely than winning out. Temple would have to lose to us, Memphis, and UConn, we'd have to back into the ccg and win it, then we'd have to win the bowl game.

Of course, I'm an optimist. I say let's win out, hope temple loses to Memphis, win the ccg, and win a bowl game to finally get to that elusive 10-win season.  Dreaming, but it's still technically possible.

Yeah you are right I did miss count.