• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU 3 point fav over USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

+4 now hmmmmm I'll take the points

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  1

Their fan base is pretty down (see message boards and attendance at last few games), coupled with rain, I don't see a huge advantage for home field (at least in terms of it being loud).

that would definitely be a benefit for us we appeared a little rattled at Navy so that could help this young team late in the game if close.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

This is our most winnable upset, so if we don't get it we're going to have a very tough time earning a bowl. Much like the Syracuse game, the pucker factor is high.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

USF > UCONN

UCONN > ECU

Meaning...

USF ">" ECU. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878

USF > UCONN

UCONN > ECU

Meaning...

USF ">" ECU. 

I thought you were going to say "Meaning...ECU will DESTROY us!" :lol:

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

ECU lost to Temple, Navy, Florida, BYU and UConn.  Only bad loss is to UConn and they played UF and BYU to 1 score.

This game is certainly not a gimme.  The Bulls better bring their A game on offense, defense and special teams to pull this one out.

Lose and we could be looking for a new coach next year as it will be difficult to get to 6 wins and a bowl which Tags needs to hold on to his job.

Come on Bulls time for a break out game!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

See this line of thinking doesn't work and its the same argument of "well Tulane played Defense against Navy way better than we did". Well that's great for that week against that team but it doesn't mean anything the next week. So much of College football is about what teams put on tape and then gameplan for. If we came out and played the exact same defense as Tulane we would probably be better at it than they were since we have some great athletes on Defense, but guess what, Navy would probably be prepared for it now and have a new wrinkle to their gameplan designed to specifically to torch that matchup. 

For the upcoming week, ECU is completely different team on the road vs. at home, I also don't watch UConn enough to know if they did something differently against ECU to confuse them and stifle their offense or if they just beat them straight up. I have a feeling Allen is going to have a new blitz or 2 dialed up for ECU and think we have a good matchup. ECU favored by 3 at home basically means its a push (home team traditionally gets 3 points) and I think thats about right. I think we will win, but a loss does not mean we  should expect losses to Temple or Cincy by any means.

Actually it's NOTHING like that argument.  What's I'm saying is that Temple & Cincy are better than ECU.  Their records & body of work support that position.  That said, "any given Saturday".

We need to win 2 games, and I think it's fair to say our best chances for 2 wins is UCF & ECU.  Not saying we can't beat Temple or Cincy...but I believe they are much better than ECU.

And, I'll bet you a beer:  if we lose to ECU, we don't bowl.  I HOPE that's not true, but that's my view.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246

We have 2 Power 5 teams on the schedule next year but I pretty much agree with what you're saying.

Oh you're right. I must have forgot Syracuse was a power 5 team. For the rest of you, it is Towson, NIU, Syracuse, and FSU

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

Actually it's NOTHING like that argument.  What's I'm saying is that Temple & Cincy are better than ECU.  Their records & body of work support that position.  That said, "any given Saturday".

We need to win 2 games, and I think it's fair to say our best chances for 2 wins is UCF & ECU.  Not saying we can't beat Temple or Cincy...but I believe they are much better than ECU.

And, I'll bet you a beer:  if we lose to ECU, we don't bowl.  I HOPE that's not true, but that's my view.

Temple & Cincy are much better than ECU? What does that mean? That they would be beat ECU head to head? At home? On the Road? Neutral Site? At what point in the season? With injuries? Coming off a bye or their toughest game of the season? How would all of those teams match up against us, that should be the argument.

I do agree with you Temple & Cincy have better records than ECU. And Temple beat ECU in their place thanks to two blocked punts. But when it comes to our schedule I think ECU is our hardest game left remaining. 

I will take your bet, but I am hopeful we will just beat ECU and it will be a push.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225

We'll we've got the full white back again. So I'm expecting 21.