• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU 3 point fav over USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  1

Things that are in our favor:

• Our defense is built for the spread and should be able to keep it under wraps (see Memphis, SMU, and Syracuse Games)
  • Should be healthier with another week of recovery for Mack, Flowers, and to a lesser extent Johnson.
  • May rain and that would benefit our running style, (our run game > their run game)

Things going against us:

• Coming off a cut blocking and chop blocking bananza against Navy may have some residual affects although it doesn't appear any major injuries came from the Navy game.
  • They are at home with their pretty good to great fan base behind them in a must win type of game.
  • They pass game is far superior to ours and if it comes down to pass game vs pass game we'll lose even if you factor in our defense against the spread.

In the end I think we'll be able to stop their offense baring any fluky turnovers by our offense and I think we'll be able to run the ball against their shaky defense. I think our stable of running backs will be healthier and we'll see a much more fluid read option from Flowers, Mack, and Johnson. I think our passing game will look even better than it did against Navy with the added scrambling and improved running game and we'll win. My biggest fear is if there are fluky turnovers or missed assignments early putting us in an early hole and this young team of mostly freshman and sophomores aren't able to overcome it on the road.

Edited by adphill2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Things that are in our favor:

• Our defense is built for the spread and should be able to keep it under wraps (see Memphis, SMU, and Syracuse Games)
  • Should be healthier with another week of recovery for Mack, Flowers, and to a lesser extent Johnson.
  • May rain and that would benefit our running style, (our run game > their run game)

Things going against us:

• Coming off a cut blocking and chop blocking bananza against Navy may have some residual affects although it doesn't appear any major injuries came from the Navy game.
  • They are at home with their pretty good to great fan base behind them in a must win type of game.
  • They pass game is far superior to ours and if it comes down to pass game vs pass game we'll lose even if you factor in our defense against the spread.

In the end I think we'll be able to stop their offense baring any fluky turnovers by our offense and I think we'll be able to run the ball against their shaky defense. I think our stable of running backs will be healthier and we'll see a much more fluid read option from Flowers, Mack, and Johnson. I think our passing game will look even better than it did against Navy with the added scrambling and improved running game and we'll win. My biggest fear is if there are fluky turnovers or missed assignments early putting us in an early hole and this young team of mostly freshman and sophomores aren't able to overcome it on the road.

Their fan base is pretty down (see message boards and attendance at last few games), coupled with rain, I don't see a huge advantage for home field (at least in terms of it being loud).

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Playing with real money I would not touch this game

Yeah, trust him as I found that out last weekend and even got 9. SMDH:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  2,328
  • Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

I think our team is going to be pissed off and come out on ECU hard.   I see big improvements from the offensive line this week, they realize they let Navy get the best of them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I hope they come out pissed off and curbstomp these fools. I think if everyone is back to near 100% we will be ok.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

I watched some of the ECU-UConn game, and ECU looked horrible.  If we lose to ECU, we don't deserve a bowl game, and won't likely get one.  Hard to imagine losing to ECU, then beating Temple or Cincy.  

See this line of thinking doesn't work and its the same argument of "well Tulane played Defense against Navy way better than we did". Well that's great for that week against that team but it doesn't mean anything the next week. So much of College football is about what teams put on tape and then gameplan for. If we came out and played the exact same defense as Tulane we would probably be better at it than they were since we have some great athletes on Defense, but guess what, Navy would probably be prepared for it now and have a new wrinkle to their gameplan designed to specifically to torch that matchup. 

For the upcoming week, ECU is completely different team on the road vs. at home, I also don't watch UConn enough to know if they did something differently against ECU to confuse them and stifle their offense or if they just beat them straight up. I have a feeling Allen is going to have a new blitz or 2 dialed up for ECU and think we have a good matchup. ECU favored by 3 at home basically means its a push (home team traditionally gets 3 points) and I think thats about right. I think we will win, but a loss does not mean we  should expect losses to Temple or Cincy by any means.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Probably the most even match up we have had in the Taggart era. 

I believe we will win, but the team really needs to be playing this game with a playoff mentality. They need to come out strong and keep the foot on the pedal. 

I hope the team wants it as bad as any game they have played in the last few years. 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

That's what she said.

Zing!

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Probably the most even match up we have had in the Taggart era. 

I believe we will win, but the team really needs to be playing this game with a playoff mentality. They need to come out strong and keep the foot on the pedal. 

I hope the team wants it as bad as any game they have played in the last few years. 

Yes man gotta have this one. I think they ( the team ) knows it.  Just play smart football ( no un-sportsman or targeting or pass interference). Receivers catch what is thrown to them. 

And our return game is becoming special.  Been feeling that its ready to bust wide open for us. GO BULLS

• Upvote 1