• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another arrest for USF football

3m

Our story on arrest of #USF freshman WR Deangelo Antoine tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/us…

2m

In fairness, many have told me Taggart advises -- indeed, warns -- his guys to celebrate wisely & make smart decisions. Can't babysit 24/7

#USF asst. police chief Chris Daniel tells me Antoine was arrested around midnight following a traffic stop at Fletcher & N Palm (Continued)

Another #USF football player arrested: WR Deangelo Antoine in custody today, facing felony drug possession charges, per @mjmajchrowicz.

Guest PCBull14

agree,  Had he  been in his room or a hotel (curfew) he most likely wouldn't had been caught.  And we wouldn't be reading about it today.

So a curfew is going to prevent a kid from carrying drugs around with him? Ok, I got it. So if this happens at 12:00 in the afternoon how does a curfew solve that? Being out late is not the issue in this situation. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I may be wrong since I know other schools teams do this, but I think USF players stay in a hotel the night before home games as well.  Feel free to clarify this.

This happened after the game, and very few if any teams have after game curfews.

USF spokesperson Chris Daniel said Antoine's vehicle was pulled over by campus police near USF Palm Drive and Fletcher Avenue shortly after midnight. An officer searched the vehicle after detecting an aroma of marijuana.

None was found, but a couple of tablets of Xanax -- for which Antoine had no prescription -- were discovered. The possession charge is a third-degree felony.

This is actually worse than a mary jane possession.  The district attorney will file charges for each individual pill.  That is how the state coerces defendants into taking plea bargains.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

So a curfew is going to prevent a kid from carrying drugs around with him? Ok, I got it. So if this happens at 12:00 in the afternoon how does a curfew solve that? Being out late is not the issue in this situation. 

Not going to prevent him from carrying a plant that grows naturally,  that is medicine for some and  should be legal NO,  But doing it the smart way,  in you Home, dorm room or hotel and not out in public or a car is what Im saying.  Had he done this he wouldn't be in the news today. So a curfew would had prevented this incident.

Edited by Dhambuc
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

This just smells of racial profiling, probable cause was weed but none found. I'm not saying I don't trust all cops, but I don't trust the police in general.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Felony possession? So...he's an idiot, not a kid with a joint in his car.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

This just smells of racial profiling, probable cause was weed but none found. I'm not saying I don't trust all cops, but I don't trust the police in general.

pretty much

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

I hate to admit it, but this was also my first thought.... 

I've been pulled over a few times in my college career for no reason. I allowed cops to search my car (not knowing my rights and cause I was nervous). Of course I was clean though.