• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another arrest for USF football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Who does it help to put people in jail for having some pills? If its prescribed to some people, why not everybody. I am pretty disgusted in the fact that a supposed free country picks and chooses people that can use certain substances legally, but for other people using the SAME EXACT THING get a felony charge. Its mind numbingly stupid. We as a country need to stop prying into everybodys lives as long as they arent hurting anybody. Hes a football player going to college. I dont care if he has pills, and in my eyes, is doing what hes supposed to be doing

The law is the law, deal with it or go somewhere else.  I personally don't care if a person wants to spend their entire life on drugs and high as a kite, as long as I don't have to pay for any part of.  

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Who does it help to put people in jail for having some pills? If its prescribed to some people, why not everybody. I am pretty disgusted in the fact that a supposed free country picks and chooses people that can use certain substances legally, but for other people using the SAME EXACT THING get a felony charge. Its mind numbingly stupid. We as a country need to stop prying into everybodys lives as long as they arent hurting anybody. Hes a football player going to college. I dont care if he has pills, and in my eyes, is doing what hes supposed to be doing

Thank you! 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Amazingly diverse perspectives in this thread....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

As a rule of thumb, I like to look at these things from a perspective of:  "is this a stupid decision I might have made in college?"  If the answer is yes, I tend to go easy on the guy.  Could I have been pulled over back in college where someone in my vehicle may have been in posession of something illegal?  Maybe.  (We didn't really have a prescription drug issue back then).  Would I have ever discharged a firearm on campus even if I was hammered?  Never.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Even if you disagree with the law, you know the consequences of breaking it and in general, the risk of losing a scholarship, education, and getting arrested is not worth the high, and sure as hell not worth trying to make some political statement if making some act of civil disobedience because you disagree with the law. 

It's just a dumb decision all around to have possession of xanax without a prescription, especially for a guy who could get all of the medical treatment he needs for free from the University instead of self medicating. 

If he wasn't breaking the law, that is very very easy to comply with, he wouldn't be in this situation, unless you think the cops planted evidence.

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

What ever happened to public nudity? 

These kids these days

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Smells marijuana yet doesn't find any or write a ticket for driving while impared. That's, interesting....... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Agreed but people are arguing different sides of dissimilar issues. If you don't like the laws there are multiple paths to address that. For me the argument is, whatever the law is FOLLOW it until it's changed.

This "I want to do what I want to do" mentality with complete disregard for how it impacts others is what pisses me off.

↑  This ↑

And IF you choose to BREAK the LAW, then be prepared to suffer the consequences. I don't care if you disagree with it.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Smells marijuana yet doesn't find any or write a ticket for driving while impared. That's, interesting....... 

Umm... what?

If he smells weed, that doesn't necessarily mean that the person is under the influence.

However, it does give probable cause to search the vehicle.  Some states with legal use, including medical, have removed this due to criticisms of alleged over-use.  Florida, is not one of those states.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

As someone putting 2 kids thru college, at an average cost per child at $15-20K a year, it's sad and frustrating to see these kids throw about $80K worth of free education, and a possible career in the NFL, just because they can't say no to illegal drugs and comply with the contracts they signed.

We should maintain "innocent till proven guilty", and I hate that people's lives can be ruined for a dime bag or a few pills...and eventually, that will be relaxed (some areas are already working on setting higher minimums.

I think we need to change the laws, to some extent, but till then, comply or face the consequences.