• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Paxton Lynch and his recruitment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It was somewhat of a gamble with him at the time. I think he didn't have a great deal of experience QB'ing (ring a bell?), and with that 6'7 frame he might not have looked too mobile  (our O line needed a mobile QB). Just my thoughts, who knows for sure?

Hindsight 20/20, he surely would have become the starter here too, if our coaches didn't hurt him for development. I'm happy for the kid he found a good niche at Memphis though. He's a credit to the team and the conference.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

Brady Davis comes from a similar situation like Lynch. A lot of the P5 schools in Mississippi overlooked him. Mainly do to the ability to recruit nationally at Mstate and Miss. 

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2015/01/17/biggers-schools-going-regret-offering-starkville-qb-davis/21945709/

keon Howard who is committed to our 2016 is a different trend because he was recruited by P5 schools so that interest Memphis fans. 

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1399422/highlights/107903376/v2

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

What's interesting is that the AD found this kid! Great job, I'm slightly jealous. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Sad thing is we didn't have a qb in that class iirc.

Is that the year we put all our eggs in the Stevie Weaterford/Tyler Cameron basket; Then jumped on Bennie Coney too late and he wound up at Cincy. I think you're right no QB's that class.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

South Florida had the Deltona (Fla.) Trinity Christian Academy standout in camp the summer prior to his senior season and told Lynch they were going to offer after the workout.

“They said they were going to offer him after their final camp, and at the end of the camp all the coaches started walking away from him,” David Lynch remembered. “Paxton said dad why are they walking away. I said I don’t’ know but I’m going to find out. I ran after them and they said they changed their mind because they weren’t sure how he was going to react to things making the big jump to the next level.

Would that be the same camp that Skip Holtz had on campus but elected to go participate in a celebrity golf tournament out here?  By George I think tis was....:facepalm:

Guest PCBull14

South Florida had the Deltona (Fla.) Trinity Christian Academy standout in camp the summer prior to his senior season and told Lynch they were going to offer after the workout.

“They said they were going to offer him after their final camp, and at the end of the camp all the coaches started walking away from him,” David Lynch remembered. “Paxton said dad why are they walking away. I said I don’t’ know but I’m going to find out. I ran after them and they said they changed their mind because they weren’t sure how he was going to react to things making the big jump to the next level.

Would that be the same camp that Skip Holtz had on campus but elected to go participate in a celebrity golf tournament out here?  By George I think tis was....:facepalm:

He was a one of kind man that Skip Holtz...:lmao:

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

He was a one of kind man that Skip Holtz...:lmao:

He's like the coaching version of herpes... just when you think it's gone.. boom... something to remind you that you once banged north koran prostitute at a dog processing plant.  :furious3:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

This is a nice article. Didn't know that is how his recruitment went. I am thankful for the schools passing up on him. He has really helped turn our program around and is a great mentor to his successor Brady Davis.

http://memphis.247sports.com/Article/Memphis-QB-Paxton-Lynchs-journey-through-the-recruiting-process-40463772

Ugh...but thanks for sharing.  I knew Skippy blew it with him, but this is a tough read.  But, I have even more respect for Lynch & his family, and wish him nothing but success...of our course, to leave early for the NFL draft!  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Ugh...but thanks for sharing.  I knew Skippy blew it with him, but this is a tough read.  But, I have even more respect for Lynch & his family, and wish him nothing but success...of our course, to leave early for the NFL draft!  

You can add about 100 other coaches to the "blew it with him" column. There aren't many teams who wouldn't take him right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Hahaha... I got my Skip hater down vote of the night. I'll have to post something else about him tomorrow to give whoever it was something else to ding me for.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1